New site coming online real soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Im in the middle of compiling a new site dedicated to scanning the 5 boroughs of NY. If anyone would like to be a part of it and help out or add some content and or help maintain it please let me know.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Already been done. There's at least two sites that I can think of off of top of my head that have detailed information on NYC.

Mike

maalox

Im in the middle of compiling a new site dedicated to scanning the 5 boroughs of NY. If anyone would like to be a part of it and help out or add some content and or help maintain it please let me know.
hey xeno how about a moderated yahoo group for nyc there was a scann nyc but wan not moderated..

Last edited:

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
I think it has great potential to be more updated and focused on nyc systems.I would like to see dedication to this area including business systems trunked systems and hope it catches on.

SCPD

QRT
This site is going online not to compete with rr or n2nov but possibly add too. Right now we only have 2 this one and n2nov. I just wanted to add something that we can all benefit from. I guess its more or a personal site with info from other place.

Like i said im not trying to compete with either site. Who am i compared to the other 2 :)

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
We are all the same

There shouldn't be any type of site domination or live feed and/or forum monopolies, there are a whole lot more sites on the internet then what was mentioned here, some generic, some all encompassing, some service or location oriented. Phils www.w2lie.net www.n2nov.netSuffolk County Scanning Plus - Home The Gamewell Diaphone Site - Warning With Distinction Long Island Scanning East Coast Scanning Resources • Portal The idea is not to copycat another site put collaborate with established existing sites willing to help further you along in your goal to serve the monitoring enthusiest. That's what It really should be all about. Mike I dont know what you have set-up now, however when I send those other two scanners to you, any possibility of dedicating one just for rail monitoring? If that's not feasable, I understand, just wondering. My FTL's are due in this week coming, your stuff is already wrapped & ready to go, dont worry about the money, we will settle up later.

Harold

SCPD

QRT
Those 2 radios psr and bearcat are 100% for the future feeds. Pick a ny freq you want a feed up for and i will put it online. Let me know on here or PM me

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Any Railroad PD Freq Will Do

Any one of the following, if any other members want to poll the most popular one that the greater majority desires, It's okay with me.

161.295 MHz Amtrak PD
161.22 MHz MTAPD Northern Div. (MNCRR) (Ex CRPD Metropolitan Rgn.)
160.455 MHz MTAPD Eastern Div. (LIRR)
160.83 MHz NJTPD
160.68 MHz CSXPD (Ex CRPD Atlantic Rgn.)
160.56 MHz I've heard that this is either NSPD or MTAPD Northern Div. F-2 ) (Ex CRPD Northeast Region)
161.04 MHz PATHPD

That's it Mike, I hope I didn't miss any, things have changed since I've been home, just let me know either way.

Harold

maalox

Any one of the following, if any other members want to poll the most popular one that the greater majority desires, It's okay with me.

161.295 MHz Amtrak PD
161.22 MHz MTAPD Northern Div. (MNCRR) (Ex CRPD Metropolitan Rgn.)
160.455 MHz MTAPD Eastern Div. (LIRR)
160.83 MHz NJTPD
160.68 MHz CSXPD (Ex CRPD Atlantic Rgn.)
160.56 MHz I've heard that this is either NSPD or MTAPD Northern Div. F-2 ) (Ex CRPD Northeast Region)
161.04 MHz PATHPD

That's it Mike, I hope I didn't miss any, things have changed since I've been home, just let me know either way.

Harold
theres a 161.0100 nj amtrack corridoor freq ....

SCPD

QRT
As long as i can hear it here in queens ny and it has a some sort of a pl tone i will add it. I took down the fdny queens dispatch feed not knowing that one was already online. So as soon as i get my new server for the site and audio feeds im just going to broadcast the nypd 111th & 109th for now. Everything should be in order by next week.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I had Rail and MTA setup on my "/Special" feed between New Years and the events that unfolded in Haiti. (My "/Special" feed is broadcasting some HF Freqs - see the wiki). From the eastern part of Nassau County, I was able to hear Rail Operations in New Jersey. At the time they had a ped struck by a train, and there was enough info over the air to figure out the town and intersection. Obviously a repeater was used, but nonetheless, you can hear a lot!

Once things calm down in Haiti, I will return to scanning the rails!

Status
Not open for further replies.