New Site In Huntington Woods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd8ati

Feed Provider
I was driving down I696 the other day and noticed a new tower and it appeared to be a communication tower near the SW corner of the Detroit Zoo. It did not appear to be finished yet as I didnt not see much on the tower in the way of antennas. Only thing I could really find was discussion about it from some meeting minutes here... https://www.hwmi.org/Bds-Comm-Comiss/HDC/2019/hdc-minutes-9-4-19.pdf
Does anyone know if this is going to be a new MPSCS site for general use or is this more for Oakland Counties new radio system, or does anyone have any more info in general on this?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
While possible, I doubt it. Oakland has a lot of sites for the current system, which I would expect them to use some of those sites.

313RADIO

I spoke to the engineers, The existing system in Oakland county did not have great coverage in this area. This tower is the first of the new phase 2 system going up.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
If for the new oakland county system, I suspect the location is due to losing the existing site at Royal Oak city hall.

RayAir

If for the new oakland county system, I suspect the location is due to losing the existing site at Royal Oak city hall.

Likely the case. I hardly ever used the mobile and never had trouble getting system access with my portable in car in that area.
They had two towers in RO. Not quite sure the locations, they were just in the radio engineering menu as R_OAKA and R_OAKB.

Status
Not open for further replies.