• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New software converts MD-380 codeplug for TYT MD-2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good News for us MD 380 users. Looks like we will be getting a way to convert the 380 to the 2017.

Read more here...

Disclaimer:

As of right now, I downloaded the 2017 Version of 1.15 and attempted to open up a 380 code plug and it did not work. I tried about 4 different ways, but was unsuccessful.

I also tried on the 2017 Version of 1.13, as that is the version I have been playing with. Still NO Joy!

teufler

convert software

I read today that version 1.16 DOES WORK. Apparently it converts 380 to 2017 but once done, the code plug can not be read by the 380 software. Shouldn't be a problem though as we can always re-read the 380 and we're back to square one.

Alright guys, Here it is!

This is the MD 2017 CPS Version 1.16. With this version you are able to open a MD 380 CPS from the MD 2017 software.

These are the steps that I did for it to work. (Granted I don't have the MD 2017 so I cant verify that it works. If a dealer wants to send me a radio for some great write ups, LET ME KNOW :)

1. Go to..

2. Click ..

Update: The TYT MD-2017 software is now available!

3. It will download to your computer.

4. Open the zip file

5. Once it goes through the process of installing. Open the CPS 2017

6. TIP: I made a copy (by right clicking 1 of my MD 380 CPS on to the desktop) just in case an issue presented itself. If it does and you do not do this step, no big deal. You can just grab your MD 380 and READ from your radio the working CPS.

7.Once you opened your CPS 2017 Version 1.16. Verify it by going to:

HELP>ABOUT

8. If you have correct version, Go to FILE and OPEN the MD 380 that you copied to the desktop.

This will import everything in your MD 380 CPS to work on the MD 2017

9. Make sure to SAVE AS your work with whatever name you want.

10. WRITE to RADIO.

11. ENJOY!!!!!

SCPD

QRT
CPS for the TYT MD 2017 ver 1.16.

I am unable to get it to covert. I take it back it will convert but when I put it in the MD 2017 it will not work on any channel.

I had someone make me a fresh one but its missing alot of the channels I want from our latest code plug for the MD 380. :(

KD8EVR

Premium Subscriber
MD2017 MD380 Conversion

I am using 1.16 software and when I convert the MD380 codeplug to MD2017 the radio takes the file but I am unable to communicate on it. I tried it on the simplex channels even and no joy. Is there a step that I am missing?

If I manually program in the simplex with the MD380 codeplug in it it does not work either. If I load the previous md2017 codeplug and program a simplex or brandmeister talkgroup into the radio it works just fine.

All help is appreciated.

SCPD

QRT
I am glad I am not the only one. This is nutty! I now think it could be the firmware or something. Something isnt playing right!

IW2BSF

hi, but this programm work well ? convert the codeplug of an MD380 (or RT-3 ) into the MD-2017 ??

SCPD

QRT
It will do it but when you try to use the HT it wont call anyone the red light blinks meaning it didnt hit the repeater.

Everyone I have talked to said to check the channel settings in the CPS after so I would say make sure you save your MD 380 code plug and make a copy. You can run both the 380 and 2017 CPS at the same time on your PC.

The only problem I have encountered with the conversion is after you open your 380 cps with the 2017 software. In order to use the 380 cps to be viewed or used on the 380, you have to associate that file with the 380 software. Simple process of right clicking the file and choosing the 380 software.

SCPD

QRT
I would REALLY like to know what setting gets messed up when you convert the MD380 to MD2017. I look at a few channels and everything is the same so it has to be something else in the CPS.

IW2BSF

i understand work this 1.16 and cahrge the CPS of md380 into the new MD-2017 yes or no ???

I would REALLY like to know what setting gets messed up when you convert the MD380 to MD2017. I look at a few channels and everything is the same so it has to be something else in the CPS.
Nothing really gets messed up per say. All it does is the 380 cps associates with the 2017 cps...

An example of this is the following :

You want to open a pdf document. Assuming you have Chrome, PDF viewer, or Open Office installed on your machine. When you click that file you'll get a pop up asking how you want to open it. Then you select 1 of those 3 programs. Then you'll get a check box indicating if your selection of that program is to be associated with your selection in the future.

It's a very simple fix to use the 380 cps back to the 380 software.

I hope I explained it the right way.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Even simpler:

Open the correct CPS first.

Open the RDT using the file - open menu.

It works regardless of what program .rdt files are associated with.

Status
Not open for further replies.