New St. Lucie County P25 Phase II System

Status
Not open for further replies.

srich10

Premium Subscriber
As of today, I'm getting reports that St Lucie County Sheriff's Office is no longer being heard on the county Analog Motorola Type II SmartZone system. There's been rumblings about SO switching for months after they got their new radios but it sounds like today they cut over.

Since I'm not in the county, I'm assuming they're now on the P25 Phase II Treasure Coast Regional System being integrated between Martin and St Lucie County. Can anyone down there confirm where SO has gone and if they're on the new system, can we start logging system info and submitting to the DB for those with Phase II scanners?(If they're not starting out in FDMA mode until they sort out any issues going to TDMA)

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Can you PM me srich10? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I dont think they have yet i hear them on the mixlr app from a st lucie incident s page on facebook

srich10

Premium Subscriber
I dont think they have yet i hear them on the mixlr app from a st lucie incident s page on facebook

That feed is the old Analog trunked system that Fort Pierce Police, Port Saint Lucie Police, St Lucie County Fire and other municipal services continue to use. I haven’t been down to figure out the new system but no fees is covering it yet.

HenryDavid

Yes, I'm in Fort Pierce and the bearcat is silent, except that the Fire and Rescue are still working on the system. Mine was set up doing 4 different talk groups, and now 3 don't work but the 4th does.

And I may be doing something wrong but 852.125 has not done anything to make it come back. Also put in the alternates listed on the other thread, no joy.

srich10

Premium Subscriber
The switch is going on. All LEO have switched to the new system. Does anyone have accurate frequency information? I’m reprogramming an on site scanner and would rather not go freq hunting for their correct site information and CC Freqs if someone already has it

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Its the same channels you will have to reprogram the system was TDMA system

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
No im not. but I looked into the Fcc database and have the Phase 2 emissions on the current system.

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
No need to go frequency hunting. The frequencies that are in use for the Phase II system are pulled from the pool of frequencies from the old system (not all of them, yet). Part are being used for the new system, and the others for the older system.

When I was there earlier this month, 852.125 was the control channel. Alternates were 851.200, 851.3125, and 851.700. Frequencies 852.700, 853.050 were also carrying voice for the new system.

I logged those back in February.

Treasure Coast Regional Communication System Trunking System, St. Lucie County, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

Not saying they haven't changed anything.. if they have, just submit info for others to assist in programming

I only logged a few talkgroups

5307 testing
5609 (have it down as ENCRYPT)
5611 (have it down as ENCRYPT)

log was dated 6/29/17, so keep that in mind. dated info

keep us up-to-date down there! won't be back till February :-(

Last edited:

srich10

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the info. I’ll be down next week to try and sort it out. The encryption better not be St Lucie. That’d be the most hypocritical thing to shove in the citizens face. Heck, the county has a webpage that details the very talkgroups and Labels they have programmed into the old Type II analog system radios that are now being phased out. I know I’ve heard some crypto on Martin County’s stand-alone system so maybe it’s them.

Last edited:

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Well if it is encrypted their is nothing you can do and it sucks that the general listener can't listen to anything..IMHO only sensitive talkgroups should be encrypted.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
That's cool but just has a bit of talkgroups

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
That's cool but just has a bit of talkgroups.

The worst part is that, like so many posts on the Net these days, there is no date stamp, so we have no way of knowing when that was published.

It just so happens that all the frequencies and all the talkgroup numbers line up EXACTLY with their old Project 16 analog trunked system, so how are we to know that these apply to the new P25 system?

They could've published that post years ago and it would look like it's current information.

srich10

Premium Subscriber
The worst part is that, like so many posts on the Net these days, there is no date stamp, so we have no way of knowing when that was published.

It just so happens that all the frequencies and all the talkgroup numbers line up EXACTLY with their old Project 16 analog trunked system, so how are we to know that these apply to the new P25 system?

They could've published that post years ago and it would look like it's current information.

While that's true, they recently revamped their website into an HTML5/Responsive design. I work in the software industry and by them adding in the responsive layout, it would've required them to interact with this page and bring it up to the rest of the site; thus showing they at least have manipulated it(whether or not the information is actually correct).

It also shows that they're listening to the public and at the time of this publication, were open and transparent to radio enthusiasts so much so, that they laid out everything in writing for anybody with a trunk-tracking scanner to be able to listen to them. That in of itself, weighs heavily when it comes to them being transparent about their configuration for the new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.