New St. Lucie County P25 Phase II System

Status
Not open for further replies.

srich10

Premium Subscriber
The worst part is that, like so many posts on the Net these days, there is no date stamp, so we have no way of knowing when that was published.

It just so happens that all the frequencies and all the talkgroup numbers line up EXACTLY with their old Project 16 analog trunked system, so how are we to know that these apply to the new P25 system?

They could've published that post years ago and it would look like it's current information.

Also, there are archival sites that would've crawled this page and recorded a snapshot of the page every so often. Google Archives specifically comes to mind. Now they've been Project 16 for years; ever since I can remember scanning them when I started a few years ago. Who knows if it has the original publication date/time of when this went live.

The very presence of this page, existing in whatever space and time, shows that the county is/was willing to place public record information on their site about the system. That's a big thing when it comes to FSS 119 Public Records

SOFA_KING

It's not a Phase II system. Almost all departments already switched over except Fire Rescue. And everything is encrypted so far except the Lifeguards and a couple of Animal Control talkgroups. Why are they now encrypted? Stupid cell phone feeds! That comes direct from the source.

Yes, feeds are ruining "real" scanner listening. Bummer!

Phil

Last edited:

jlenartiene

Appears all encrypted

The only thing I can hear on the new system:
5341 oceann rescue
5336 animal control

Everything else is encrypted

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Yes Encryption is the wave of the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Yup just flip that concentric switch on the Motorola..see yeah its no more

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
EVERYBODY is going encrypted, including John Q. Public. I make encrypted phone and video calls frequently.

They are doing it because they can and because it's cheap. Bemoaning it won't stop it.

srich10

Premium Subscriber
Already everybody, turning this into a "shame on feed providers" thread is not going to help the situation. What is needed right now, is to rally the troops and get public comment out to media, the jurisdictions using crypto and get the county commissioners who approved this radio system upgrade knowledgeable about the ramifications of them doing a complete 180 from having absolutely ZERO encryption on the Project 16 system to now the whole darn system being fully strapped minus the dogcatcher TGs.

I will not sit like an adle school boy and watch as our own public servants shut us out of a radio system that has been open for years where the CLEO and Chiefs asked for absolutely ZERO public input on whether or not they should go encrypted.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
They will do it if we try to tell them to keep unencrypted..again only sensitive talkgroups should be..rest should be clear

srich10

Premium Subscriber
They will do it if we try to tell them to keep unencrypted..again only sensitive talkgroups should be..rest should be clear

I'm not interested in what should or shouldn't be encrypted. The system was completely in the clear last month. They haven't had a problem running in the clear for the past 50 years. I will not stand for this.

I will be starting my calls immediately and gathering my resources to go headlong against every Chief and CLEO in this county to get this reversed entirely.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Your like my friend K4SVT likes to get every bit of info about everything..like the county he lives in..he's very knowledgeable and has helped me out a lot with systems here in Virginia..cool guy I can say..

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
What's your deal with him anyways?

srich10

Premium Subscriber
What's your deal with him anyways?

I don't talk about that kind of stuff on here and will all due respect, it's not relevant to the purview of this thread.

Let's keep the discussions geared towards getting the encryption removed and personal things off-thread. If I want to get into that topic, I'll let you know offline

BOBHEUSER

New st lucie syst.

I must be doing something wrong.. I have added the new frequencies to the old system..have created a new system with the new frequencies.. not hearing anything what am i doing wrong?
Thanks KB3MOJ

HenryDavid

I stopped in the shop that has the radio contract for the county, and the desk by the door was stacked with probably 15 brand new Motorola radios.

They said the guy I need to see about the details of the new system was not there, but in the next few weeks I'm going to stop back by.

It seems the consensus here is that the new system is encrypted. Likely so, here in the Age of Snowden. Secrecy from the people is a goal, and encryption is a superior tool.

There was a communication law passed back around 1934 I think, regarding the right of the citizen to listen to the government on the radio, simply that the airwaves are open to everybody.

This new policy of encryption goes against the spirit of that idea, and blatantly comes across as a Big Brother moment.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
So far the database is not been updated with the talkgroups for the treasure coast system if thats the one they switched to, so with that being said no one really knows if they went to encryption or just changed the talkgroup ID's and thats why we cant hear them because there is no ID list to put into the scanner. Someone i talk to down there on facebook said he needed a phase 2 scanner to pick them up, so i guess we will see in due time

Status
Not open for further replies.