New St. Lucie County P25 Phase II System

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Been waiting for your PM srich10 but I guess you doing other things..hit me up when you can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
no one really knows if they went to encryption or just changed the talkgroup ID's and thats why we cant hear them because there is no ID list to put into the scanner. Someone i talk to down there on facebook said he needed a phase 2 scanner to pick them up, so i guess we will see in due time

Went to Ft. Pierce this morning. Only thing I heard in the clear was the dogcatcher. 436 was muting P25 Phase 1 encryption like crazy. Didn't see any Phase 2. SLFD was still on the analog system.

Somebody encryption-shame these people!!!

SOFA_KING

Did Fire Rescue go over to the new system yet? And if so, is that "in the clear" (unencrypted)?

Yes, it's sad that some public officials have little regard for transparency on non-sensitive communications over public airwaves. The whole "public relations officer" idea, where they sanitize the true facts of what is really happening...or happened, doesn't sit well with me. The problem is that the general public doesn't demand transparency. A few scanner whackers aren't going to influence public officials who don't even care about your rights to public information on public airwaves. They may not even understand law about this issue. What is dangerous about covering up all communications? Without public oversight, corruption could easily occur. The fourth estate can't even get any realtime (true) facts about what our public servants are up to. Not that ALL public servants are bad, as they're not, but you NEED oversight from independent sources to prevent abuses. That was the the point about the law concerning public airwaves and transparency. And I think most long-time scanner listeners know that what hits the news through "public relations officials" is not the real deal. It's often weak and lacks a lot of true facts. We can understand the whole "ongoing investigation" thing, where certain facts need to be suppressed, but not some BS press release after the fact. Covering up all communications is bad governance with little regard for public interest and transparency. I find this trend of "total encryption coverup...all the time" disturbing and dangerous. They work for us with our tax dollars. If anyone should sound out on this, it should be the so-called "free press". Are they? I don't ever recall seeing it. Not a good sign!

My two cents.

Phil

billisredeemed

Premium Subscriber
Did Fire Rescue go over to the new system yet? And if so, is that "in the clear" (une

As of now it's still on the old system. However, I did find this on the Fire District's minutes from August 08, 2017. It's on page 63, item 9C titled "Radio and EMS Grants".

http://www.slcfd.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_08162017-83

In part the letter is a grant of $826K from FEMA for replacement of obsolete mobile radios. This was part of the Martin County / St Lucie multi-jurisdictional interoperable system.

Keep in mind the St Lucie Fire District is a separate entity from the county and probably will change its system in the future with this grant money. Martin County, (all LEO, Fire/EMS) is still using their current system in the clear.

ed3750

Premium Subscriber
Drove through Martin and St Lucie County today (Sat 9/2). All St Lucie County P25 traffic heard was encrypted. F/R is still on the old system. Received the St Lucie part of the system with a G5 from Stuart to the Fort Drum service plaza.

Also, in past drives I have locked onto the Martin part of the P25 system, using RRDB info, but have never heard any transmissions. Today, radio (unication G5) was constantly "out of range" and never locked onto the system. Appears they have either changed control channel or have the system shut down.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Drove through Martin and St Lucie County today (Sat 9/2). All St Lucie County P25 traffic heard was encrypted. F/R is still on the old system. Received the St Lucie part of the system with a G5 from Stuart to the Fort Drum service plaza.

Also, in past drives I have locked onto the Martin part of the P25 system, using RRDB info, but have never heard any transmissions. Today, radio (unication G5) was constantly "out of range" and never locked onto the system. Appears they have either changed control channel or have the system shut down.

Same report here today. All St Lucie traffic encrypted on the new system. Did not lock on to the CC on Martin. Will have to check my G5 file and see if I have that new control channel programmed in.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Well that bites for the people who live down that way sorry that the big E has come upon you scanner listeners

BOBHEUSER

Martin county

Martin County Sheriff's Department and other Law in county
are active on the new system..All LEO scrambled. the old LEO system went dark.

I know that Martin fire was changing radio equipment last week, but are operating on the old system yet.
hoping fire stays in the open.

St lucie fire still operating analog, old system.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Martin County Sheriff's Department and other Law in county
are active on the new system..All LEO scrambled. the old LEO system went dark.

I know that Martin fire was changing radio equipment last week, but are operating on the old system yet.
hoping fire stays in the open.

St lucie fire still operating analog, old system.

Hopefully they wont go encrypted if and when they go to the new system and i wAs in indian river county last wek for vacation and monitored the fire and ems and was very busy down there with incidents

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
So there's a message in the system notes that all law enforcement traffic is encrypted (which is a crock but that's a whole other issue), does anyone know if Fire & EMS has also joined the ranks of encryption as well or are they still in the clear (for now...)? Thanks

David

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
On my way to and from the Stuart hamtheft Saturday I heard zero fire & rescue traffic on the new trunked system in search mode, just some random people calling each other by their first names (obviously not public safety personnel).

I still heard dispatches on 154.01MHz so there's that.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
I talked to the Radio manager of Martin County and he stated most of agencies are or will be ENC...sorry that has happened

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I am down in the area for vacation this week april 15-23rd and and listening to st lucie county on my bcd436 hp and i heared FD calls go out on fire comms 1 channel and one call in particular was a double shooting on monday where i heared command call for additinal ambulances and also a bad mva where command also reported 2 victims were out of vehicle and issued 2 trauma alerts, after all that mess on monday all is hear is the fd dispatchers and air rescue stuff and no communications on arrival and on scene reports, did they switch the fireground channels to the news sytem monday night?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.