"new" State Patrol Wiki Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Just FYI, I recently created a "new" CSP Wiki Page directly accessible from the CSP "agency page". I've also submitted a request for deletion of the "old" CSP wiki page in the "Collaboration" wiki section. I would respectfully request that if you edit/update the new CSP wiki page, PLEASE avoid copying/pasting duplicative tables of talkgroup layouts or DTRS site data already contained in the main RR database.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Just FYI, I recently created a "new" CSP Wiki Page directly accessible from the CSP "agency page". I've also submitted a request for deletion of the "old" CSP wiki page in the "Collaboration" wiki section.

Are you aware that there is a Move function on the wiki that allows pages to be easily moved from one title to another without having to manually create a new wiki page? It also allows for the retention of the edit history from the old page to the new page and I believe might (not 100% sure) create needed redirects on the wiki.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Are you aware that there is a Move function on the wiki that allows pages to be easily moved from one title to another without having to manually create a new wiki page? It also allows for the retention of the edit history from the old page to the new page and I believe might (not 100% sure) create needed redirects on the wiki.

I discovered that right after I finished copying & pasting everything manually...

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Yes, "moving" to an article with the new title would have been preferable.

As it stands now, the old article still exists, but with a redirect to the new article. Anyone who had links to the old article will be automatically redirected to the new article. All pages that linked to the old article now link to the new article. Finally, there's no way to merge the edit history of two wiki articles, so both articles will stand with their editing history until we sweep out the old redirects during future housekeeping.

n0nhj

In way too deep...
Feed Provider
The map incorrectly shows Lake County as District 2, it was moved to 4C.

Also the description of other 'troops' is a misnomer. Should say something like other radio identifiers. Troops only exist within Districts.

Spitfire8520

Does anyone have an updated map?

I edited the previous version of the map that is on the wiki back when the redistricting was just occurring and I haven't updated that version of the map since. I have been working on making a completely new one for the past few weeks and didn't have any immediate plans to release it. I'll put a working version here and a finalized version to the wiki shortly once it has been confirmed as accurate.

CSP actually also had Lake County incorrect on their map until recently as well. Someone also mentioned at some point that southern Lincoln County belonged to 2C instead of 3B, however the map CSP has online seems to show that all of Lincoln County belongs to District 3.

The map is currently a large resolution image file. It is embedded as a smaller sized thumbnail, but you can access the full size by clicking directly on the image.

Spitfire8520

Hmmmmmm... How about making the county boundaries a tad bit easier to make out / see? IE: Instead of a wishy/washy greyish white make it a solid black or similar? (On a `small' [1024 X 768] screen the boundaries basically disappear. WAN GRIN!)

Sure thing! That was one of the things I was considering doing, but never got around to it. The new version is below. Once again, you can click to access the full resolution version of the map.

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
This is the official district map on the CSP website; perhaps it would be helpful to someone: Colorado State Patrol - Contact Us At the bottom of the page you can select individual district maps.

Something interesting I discovered about the district maps on the CSP site is that the maps for D2 & D4 come through downloading as .png files while all the others D1, D3, & D5 download as .jpgs? WTF?

Spitfire8520

FYI I uploaded Spitfire's newer map, many thanks for his contribution.

I hope you don't mind, but I went in and put in a better quality image for the wiki so that the higher resolution image will be available for anyone who wishes to access it. I might redo the coloring at some point as some of the color choices seem to be blending into each other a little bit more than I would like.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I hope you don't mind, but I went in and put in a better quality image for the wiki so that the higher resolution image will be available for anyone who wishes to access it. I might redo the coloring at some point as some of the color choices seem to be blending into each other a little bit more than I would like.

Awesome, thanks!

Spitfire8520

I might redo the coloring at some point as some of the color choices seem to be blending into each other a little bit more than I would like.

Attempted to redo the color selection with colors that are less...neon-like to best describe it. I also attempted fixing District 1, some of 4, and some of 6 to where they tended to blend in with one another when you shrink the image. Please let me know if you want me to upload this version to the wiki or if you would like additional color changes as I have the original files (the image host compresses the image).

I also take it that there are no serious issues with the Troop boundaries as they stand on this map, especially in regards to which Troop covers southern Lincoln County.

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
Hmmmmmm... I dunno about the `new' colours... They seem a bit easier on the eyes but, I'm gonna have to set up a `flicker switch' between the two versions. Anyway... THANKS! To both `mappers'! (BTW, I notice that there is a bit of a `size' difference between them and I don't know if that also makes a `dfference', too?)

Oh, well..... Wan Grin...

Status
Not open for further replies.