New statewide listing: CMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I am placing all of the state CMED channels into one category. Since not all CMED operations are contained within some county borders and there are still some random entries, we now will have one stop shopping.

I am researching some other CMED related radio items, but at least we have a common listing.

They are/will be geotagged for database aware scanners/software for programming/traveling.

If anyone knows of a SPECIFIC channel assignment on the med channels, please post it here or to the database. If channel assignments are dynamic (ie a patch to ABC Hospital occurs on several MED channels depending on the dispatcher) I'd like to leave the description generic.

What I wish to avoid is stating MED-4 is XYZ Hospital but find out its not exclusive.

ecps92

I'll have to find my notes, but CT like MA eliminated the Statewide tone, since they mandated the user of Multi-Zone Radios to handle each of the CMED Regions.

I am placing all of the state CMED channels into one category. Since not all CMED operations are contained within some county borders and there are still some random entries, we now will have one stop shopping.

I am researching some other CMED related radio items, but at least we have a common listing.

They are/will be geotagged for database aware scanners/software for programming/traveling.

If anyone knows of a SPECIFIC channel assignment on the med channels, please post it here or to the database. If channel assignments are dynamic (ie a patch to ABC Hospital occurs on several MED channels depending on the dispatcher) I'd like to leave the description generic.

What I wish to avoid is stating MED-4 is XYZ Hospital but find out its not exclusive.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I was curious about that. My last stuff of official information doesn't state that there is one, but did not state that the old one was gone. I did some moving of categories around and that was one of the moves.

I'll leave it in for now, and can always zap it later. I know back in my day, that was in there as a universal PL, but yes - with the larger capacity radios its really not needed.

ecps92

http://www.ct.gov/demhs/lib/demhs/t...m_operational_reqs_for_uhf_medical_radios.pdf

Everyone I have asked about the tone, say they have not heard it in years.

I was curious about that. My last stuff of official information doesn't state that there is one, but did not state that the old one was gone. I did some moving of categories around and that was one of the moves.

I'll leave it in for now, and can always zap it later. I know back in my day, that was in there as a universal PL, but yes - with the larger capacity radios its really not needed.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Yeah that doc has been around for awhile. The 210pl was used if your truck didn't happen to have another cmed areas pl tone in it. The existing pl tones in the PDF have been in use since at least the early 90's.

I guess what would be nice to know, if the regional cmed's still have the capability to hear transmissions with a 210pl or if it's truly dead.

My guess is that these days that feature has never been removed, but all current field radios no ok her have it programmed.

ecps92

I would venture that when they went NB the State-Tone went bye-bye

Yeah that doc has been around for awhile. The 210pl was used if your truck didn't happen to have another cmed areas pl tone in it. The existing pl tones in the PDF have been in use since at least the early 90's.

I guess what would be nice to know, if the regional cmed's still have the capability to hear transmissions with a 210pl or if it's truly dead.

My guess is that these days that feature has never been removed, but all current field radios no ok her have it programmed.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
PJH, for Region 2 I know which MED channels are on what tower locations and which ones are repeated. Would you like that information and how would you like me to submit that if you do?

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Geographically it will not matter. If a certain med channel has a perm use, such as always Bubba Gump Hospital, then that would be great.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Technically in SC C-MED they do because of the geographical areas they cover. I'll send you the list in a PM and you can decide if you want to use the information or not. Figure it would help with listening in for the region. :)

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I should have been more clear (damn iPhone).

Something like if a tower is only used by certain EMS agencies for dispatch, coordination, or assigned for whatever, that's fine. I don't need to know that tower 1 is located on Quagmire Peak :)

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Med Channels 12-102

While we are on the subject,for the longest time I have been monitoring Med CHs12-102 as listed on here. I would like to know if anyone is using these channels and how. I see Weston listed in FFLD CTY. for med-12 but thats it. Reserved for future use perhaps?

Manny

Last edited:

KB1JHU

Some notes for Region 1 (Southwestern Regional Communications Center/Southwest CMED)
The OLD Med 12 (453.075, now called Med-Tac 2) for the Weston area is no longer in service. The new narrowband channel designated Med 12 isn't used. Currently, none of those new channels are used in the region.

Med 10 is not the primary coordination channel for the region, it's centrally located in Norwalk so it will usually hear most people calling on it and then they can be directed to the channel they're supposed to be on based on their location. Here's the correct lineup:

Coordination (repeaters on) - can probably be "tagged" as EMS Dispatch
Med 5 - Stamford/Greenwich area
Med 10 - Norwalk area
Med 9 - Bridgeport area
Med 2 - Trumbull/Monroe area (Monroe EMS dispatched on this channel)

Patches (repeaters off) - can probably be tagged as EMS-Tac
Med 1 - Greenwich Hospital
Med 6 - Stamford Hospital
Med 4 or 7 - Norwalk Hospital
Med 3 - Bridgeport Hospital
Med 8 - St Vincent's Medical Center

These are the NORMAL channel assignments for patches, they can be switched up and some towers have different options, they key is listening for the channel the dispatcher assigns. It's also location based, if a Norwalk EMS unit gets permission from Norwalk Hospital to transport a burn victim to the burn unit at Bridgeport Hospital and they want to patch to Bridgeport while they're still in Norwalk, they'll likely be patched on 4 or 7 to Bridgeport. AMR units will also have to be given different patch channel assignments because most of their radios either aren't programmed correctly or the staff hasn't been trained how to find the correct channels in their radios.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
When I can get in front of a computer tonight or tomorrow, I'll make some changes. Thanks guys!

Anything above Med10, I doubt we will hear for some time. They were kind of added in there, but I personally know of no known use of them.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Southwest and New Haven updated if you want to check

kmacinct

Normal Med Assignments

Windham Hospital - Willimantic Dispatch - Med 6(East)
Marlborough Clinic - Colchester Dispatch - Med 5(East)
Middlesex Hospital - Colchester Dispatch - Med 4(East)
Middlesex Hospital - Valley Shore Dispatch - Med 6?
Shoreline Clinic - Valley Shore Dispatch - Med 6
L&M Hospital - Waterford Dispatch - Med 5(East)

PJH

Premium Subscriber
You are correct. I knew that, and I am not sure why I did that. Change coming in five minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.