New Streaming Audio Receiver on Mountain, But What Frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freddaniel

I have access to Pleasants Peak, in the mountains south of Corona. The facility is a shared communications site at 3,885 feet elevation, with almost no receiver noise. See Google Maps location of “33.798514,-117.62303” or go to Pleasants Peak

I will be placing one or more streaming audio receivers at the site for RR Live Audio. I think the CHP dispatch and mobile response channels in metro Orange, and Riverside counties would be a good fit. However, I really do not know what are the most preferred frequencies, for listening.

Someone must have a better idea?

brandon

Database Admin
How about a feed for Riverside County Fire that covers the north/west area of the county. Support 5 and RVC Tacs are all simplex so that would be an awesome location! Another good one would be Riverside PD and Fire. I use to run this feed last year and I know there is still high demand for it to return.

Or how about a few ProScan controlled radios that can be remotely operated and monitor any frequency :)

Look forward to seeing it!

scottbailey

Premium Subscriber
How about a GMRS repeater with a community tone panel :D

Oh - receiver - I would actually second the thought of remotely controllable receivers. If you have access to the site, I'd be willing to bet you could find some donated equipment for community use.

SCPD

QRT
My suggestion is to add the Cleveland National Forest. You could either include just the "Forest Net," or both the Forest Net and Admin Net. From Pleasant Peak I believe every repeater on the Forest could be received or at least more than anyone could receive with a receiver located on the flat lands.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
My suggestion is to add the Cleveland National Forest. You could either include just the "Forest Net," or both the Forest Net and Admin Net. From Pleasant Peak I believe every repeater on the Forest could be received or at least more than anyone could receive with a receiver located on the flat lands.

Why not the P25 Law Net too? :)

My vote would also be for an aviation/milair feed. You can get a LOT of Socal TRACON sectors from there I bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.