New SYSID?? 01BA-0101 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
If you take the LatLon coordinates from the fcc database, the site is at C Pier, near where the control tower is located (and the BWI Admin offices.) I haven't looked in that area for a new tower....

CA
Annapolis

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
But the tower may not be there at all; it's not so uncommon to have a landline link of one kind or another so the tower can be remotely located. It's possible that's where the control point is located, perhaps?

73s Mike

TinEar

Excellent catch Troy. I programmed the control channel (very strong here) right after you posted your message but I haven't seen any activity on the system yet. Have you?

Alan

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
<sigh> Looks like another system that will need to be rebanded. 5 will get you 10 the freqs were approved without the managers even knowing that it will happen, whenever....73s Mike

troymail

Silent Key
TinEar said:
Excellent catch Troy. I programmed the control channel (very strong here) right after you posted your message but I haven't seen any activity on the system yet. Have you?

Alan

Just control so far... maybe they'll do some testing this week....

troymail

Silent Key
I don't expect they'll need very high power but this control channel is almost undetectable inside Fort Meade.... possibly just low power during initial testing, etc. or could be just lower power given the area it needs to serve....

n3bxv

Running Pro96Com against this system shows Callsign of WQBR528 which is that Expired license we discussed last year.

It's also only showing Freqs
866.725 (shown as Alt Control Channel)

WACN is default Motorola BEE00

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus

n3bxv

n3bxv said:
Running Pro96Com against this system shows Callsign of WQBR528 which is that Expired license we discussed last year.

It's also only showing Freqs
866.725 (shown as Alt Control Channel)

WACN is default Motorola BEE00

867.275 now showing up in pro96com as a Voice Channel as well.....
TG16 (T:101 DT) was also logged as active around 2009 local....

n3bxv

Pro96com confirmed all the License Freqs today -

It logged 9 Radios and 9 Talkgroups active today, Did anyone hear any testing?

n3bxv

There may have been more activity, however I forgot to hook up the Pro-96 to the AC Adapter so the Batteries died sometime during the day...

troymail

Silent Key
Well I finally took the time to try getting this new system up using UniTrunker... unfortunately, the signal strength has dropped way, way off since I first encountered it. I even moved my setup out of the basement to see if that would help but no go.

My trunker connected radio (BC-245) sounds very fuzzy ans weak but my BC-396 sitting right next to it locks into the CC without a problem.....

Does anyone else have the capability to try UniTrunker against this system? Can you get it to decode?

TinEar

Troy, I checked the control channel tonight and am seeing the same signal strength that I have since the beginning - it's between 5 and 6 bars. I still haven't caught any voice on the system but I haven't really spent that much time listening to it. I just check it occasionally and spend a few minutes parked on it.

n3bxv

troymail said:
Does anyone else have the capability to try UniTrunker against this system? Can you get it to decode?

I'm running UniTrunker against it now as well - Its showing near 100% Decode rate, and it's showing Channel numbers but not the associated frequencies... Hmmmm.

Nevermind- I got the frequencies to display by entering into the [F]ind Menu..... and poof they appeared..

BTW- for anyone who may run into problems with the microphone input, make sure that "Microphone boost" is NOT selected under "Advanced Properties" for the Windows Mixer Control for the mike...

Attachments

• unitrunker.JPG
    unitrunker.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.