New System: TETRA at JFK Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkstar350

I thought Tetra wasnt going to be allowed on 7/800mhz
Maybe its going to be somewhat a grandfather thing where the systems that were being built before the law was passed will be ok...

D

DaveNF2G

TETRA is not being allowed for public safety use. The airport does not fall into that category.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
As Dave said, more specifically, the ban on TETRA is only on 851-854 MHz.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I find this interesting because the ARINC system in Boston ( KNEH682) went from Motorola Analog to Capacity Plus. Both are licensed for some of the same frequencies (856-860.8875).

73 Eric

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
I would be curious to know what airlines are on this system since most of the big airlines such as Delta, Jetblue and American have their own radio systems. I believe Delta just upgraded to a new DMR possibly TRBO a few years ago and JetBlue currently uses a analog LTR system but may be upgrading to a new digital radio in the upcoming year like Boston did last year.

vannossc

Premium Subscriber
I would be curious to know what airlines are on this system since most of the big airlines such as Delta, Jetblue and American have their own radio systems. I believe Delta just upgraded to a new DMR possibly TRBO a few years ago and JetBlue currently uses a analog LTR system but may be upgrading to a new digital radio in the upcoming year like Boston did last year.

I sat in Terminal 1 upstairs Starbucks last night during the storms that passed through. Son was flying Aer Lingus 104 to Dublin. 5:30p flight left at 9:30p. I sat with my iPhone (FlightAware andPlanFinder Apps) and my newly acquired BC436HP filtered on JFK frequencies. Total overload on trying to listen to everything but an interesting evening listening and watching the planes I could hear on the various Ops, ground control and tower freqs going through sheer mayhem in the 3-5 hour delays.

I heard his A320 get cleared and watched him take off. We got home in the Albany area the same time he landed...long day but great fun with my scanner.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.