New TACN Site in Bradley County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
I heard earlier today from a previously reliable source that a new TACN site was nearing completion on Twentieth Street, SE, in Cleveland, adjacent to the Norfolk Southern Railway. I did a quick drive by, and there is indeed a concrete pad, fencing, electrical box, and a large tower. No antenna has been mounted, but it looks like the site is ready for the technicians to do their work. I did not have a GPS with me, but using Google Maps, I have determined the coordinates to be approximately 35°8'34"N, 84°52'59"W. Street address would be, again roughly, 304 Twentieth Street, SE. I'm finding nothing new at that location in the FCC Database. I'm hoping someone has a better handle on the database than I. Can anyone identify this new transmitter site?

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
The FCC data for WQXW867 indicates that the fixed location is 570 Johnson Blvd, SE, which is a Cleveland Utilities water tower that was the transmitter site for the old Cleveland PD 154.785 MHz system.. The tower that I mentioned in my post above is on Twentieth Street, SE, which is about half a mile or less from the Sheriff's office, but at least a couple of miles from the Johnson Blvd. location. Perhaps we will solve the mystery in a few days when we see exactly what gets mounted on that new tower on Twentieth Street.

Carlmalone1111

Premium Subscriber
Hey richard4537312 i am useing trunktrackerlll bct15x uniden bearcat i am very new at it this scanner did not come with anything to tell u how to program anything lol i found a website called marksscanner any help with with bcso would help thank you

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Your scanner won't work on the TACN

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.