New Takk-group scheme and designators in Chesterfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

photone

Looks like Chesterfield Fire has revamped it's talk-groups, moving from 'Fire Dispatch' and 'Rescue Dispatch' to 'North' and 'South'

From what I can gather from monitering them, old 'Rescue Dispatch' is now 'South Branch Dispatch' and old 'Tac-6' is now 'North Branch Dispatch' I don't believe any new Talk Groups have been added, usage and designators just changed.

Rob

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
I can find out, but I believe that this is specifically for the storm-related response. I know that this has been done in the past.

During Gaston and Isabell, Fire Disp and EMS Disp were patched together, calls were dispatched there, and then assigned to be handled on one of four TAC's.

trainman111

I noticed today that there wasn't much traffic on 154.16. I heard some tones but a voice never followed. Earlier this morning I did hear some voice though.

BoxAlarm187

Premium Subscriber
I confirmed that the North/South designation was for the storm only, no permanant changes in place.

BoxAlarm187

Premium Subscriber
The 154.160 patch can act unusally sometimes when these special situations occur. If this VHF freq was not being utilitized, it was not part of the overall scheme, rather, just a by-product of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.