New Talkgroup? 8259?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stircrazy

I have a bcd396t and have the opp programed in bank 1 and all the channels I listen to in groups and on ID scan. When I changed it to ID search, a talk group popped up as 8259, an opp channel. Dispatch was putting as 6 echo. I thought 6 echo was talk group 8272? I am picking up another strange one as 11843. I haven't heard too much on that one. I'll set it up to record throughout the night and see what hits I get.

Just heard 8259 as 6 Delta now too...12:25am

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
8259 = is 8256 plus a status bit of 3 (indicating a patch... Elgin and Chatham-Kent are typically patched).

Check your settings and set the Status Bits to OFF.

11843... you sure that wasn't a radio ID? There aren't any talkgroups in that range.

Last edited:

stircrazy

I rechecked my quick save group and 11843 was there. Its popped up a few times on my radio. I didn't think they went that high but sure enough its there. And just as you said, status bit was on, I have turned it off now. Thanks for that

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I rechecked my quick save group and 11843 was there. Its popped up a few times on my radio. I didn't think they went that high but sure enough its there. And just as you said, status bit was on, I have turned it off now. Thanks for that

Thats wierd, I rarely if ever saw these wierd talkgroups on a 396T, on my older 296 this kinda stuff hapenned all the time. Are you absolutely sure that your scanner is a 396T& not a 396XT?

11843 is one of Radio Ids in and around where I see many of the Fleetnet Dispatchers Radio ID's...

To the original poster, where did this Talkgroup you say pop up? Were you around antennas or pager sites? On my 296 these wierd talkgroups would pop up on occasion just north of the Ford Plant west of Sir Winston Churchill from time to time.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I show that RID as belonging to a console from London Comm Centre on 1OPS02.

I'd guess you've got your status bit set wrong and you've got a noisy signal causing falsing.

stircrazy

I was on Wilton Grove road by Highbury when I get this radio ID pop up. Because I am at work on the dock it gets kinda loud in there so I can't hear most of the transmissions. I haven't seen or heard anything while recording cause I live almost central London. My radio is a BCD396T, at least that's what the box says, and I just upgraded to the 3.02.02 firmware.. Maybe the upgrade caused this?

Status
Not open for further replies.