new talkgroup for OC Transpo

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I monitor the City of Ottawa's P25 Phase 2 system, and I have ID Search: On.

Since about a week ago, I've been receiving tranmsissions from an unknown talkgroup, specifically tgid 1516. Based on the traffic, it appears to be Transit Constables, or some sort of security related to OC Transpo. Every time I hear something, it's always saying "Ottawa Police have said that....." or "there's an intoxicated person on the train who can't be woken up, EMS has been called" or "we are currently investigating a complaint from an operator about someone who is ......"

So, I'm not 100% sure exactly what it is, but its something, lol.
I have no idea how to update the database, so I figured I'd put it out here .

Best

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
When I click on "submit changes" it just brings me to a page where it has a text box and says "Please enter below the information you wish to submit to our database administration team."

So what do I write? Do i just write "Under Ottawa system, TGID: 1516 is Transit Constables" ?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
So what do i write? Do i just write "Under Ottawa system, TGID: 1516 is Transit Constables" ?
Go to the system in question, choose menu > submit changes, that way they'll know you're not creating a new system & it will be understood the change is regarding that existing system. TGID and description should suffice. Usually a db admin will reach out to you via PM if they have any questions or want you to clarify something (y)

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
when i click on submit changes it just brings me to a page where it has a text box and says "Please enter below the information you wish to submit to our database administration team."

So what do i write? Do i just write "Under Ottawa system, TGID: 1516 is Transit Constables" ?
If the submission has issues the DB admin will contact you and let you know.

larosdavi

Premium Subscriber
Is there somewhere like Rdio to listen to OC Transpo transit security ?