New Talkgroup - Hawkes Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

primehifi

Over the years I've seen various random talkgroups pop up. I don't think there's much to it. Mostly testing or accidental keyups. If anything is ever said, and that's rare, it's nothing more than "test test"

radioman97

TGRP 531 using 685

Whitbourne and Placentia have been using DEC 685 instead of their DEC 531 channel that they always used. I noticed this since we had the lighting storm back the second week of August. Curious now if a tower got struck with lightning or if they're updating their TGRP to P25. A dispatcher asked a member once how good did they find the TGRP (DEC 685) and the member stated "a lot clearer then the encrypted one yesterday".

smiters

what were the frequencies? i was stuck on the tch just outside whitbourne due to a fire a few months ago and was hearing the RCMP fine with my uniden bc125at

radioman97

I periodically hear them through hawkes hill or four mile site, on the northern Avalon, however if I travel Whitbourne and westbound I usually have the Whitbourne scat channel on (155.400). Always get good signal on that one and guaranteed to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.