New Talkgroup on 038

Status
Not open for further replies.

usswood

37392 enc

I would guess to say that this is ISU's (Indiana State University Police) DISP and it is full time ENC

Last edited:

jamesa53

Well you can't win them all I guess!!

Of course this makes no sense at all that this TG is E.

This TG and 37424 and 37456 are already in the RR DB as "E".

Last edited:

usswood

Well you can't win them all I guess!!

Of course this makes no sense at all that this TG is E.

This TG and 37424 and 37456 are already in the RR DB as "E".

hum...that had to have been updated today...State College and they will Encrypt what little traffic they have...not a very smart move...and to me a WASTE of my taxpayer dollars, especially as many positions as ISU has cut and they are planning to cut more...maybe time to cut the Safety Director??

usswood

So , you can still hear ISU Police Dispatch on there new Digital Talkgroups , on Tower 038 ?

No..the talkgroup is DES...+8

also..THPD OPS 3 is +8 or DES full time also, but we knew they would have at least one for Drug Task Force and unit secure traffic

Last edited by a moderator:

jamesa53

No..the talkgroup is DES...+8

also..THPD OPS 3 is +8 or DES full time also, but we knew they would have at least one for Drug Task Force and unit secure traffic

Our friend who has been updating the Vigo SAFE-T talkgroup database must have missed that one cause 84 THPD OPS 3 is still "D" and not "E" in the database.......

I think you are right usswood, only 038 is going to support encrypted traffic........thats gonna mess up OPS 3 if true..

Unbelievable about ISU PD....yeah...ISU doesnt do much for Terre Haute, I tried to get a job there and was turned down even though I graduated from there.....our tax dollars at work providing encrypted communications to them which I believe eats bandwidth and site capacity...Im saying WTF..

usswood

Upon further investigation

37392 enc

I would guess to say that this is ISU's (Indiana State University Police) DISP and it is full time ENC

Ok...going back over my logs, I dont believe this is ISU PD...radio IDs are pretty much right in the middle of THPDs ID ranges....I would now conclude that this is either Street Crimes or DTF activity and giving the times and the number of units on that TG...I would put it more as a Street Crimes TG that is secure...I have not seen anymore activity on the 37392 and no affiliations...if this was an ISU group, I would assume the ID I was trying to determine might be the dispatcher would stay affiliated as a constant and like I said, I have seen no affiliations since Friday night....now I wasnt logging last night...but during the day I see no affiliations on the 37392...

Last edited:

jamesa53

Interesting Update to Vigo Co SAFE-T DB (TODAY)

hmmm........

DB now shows (as of now)

7520 1d6 E 84 THPD OPS3 Terre Haute Police Operations 3 Law Tac
37392 921 E 84 THPD OPS4 Terre Haute Police Operations 4 Law Tac
37424 923 E 84 THPD OPS5 Terre Haute Police Operations 5 Law Tac
37456 925 E 84 THPD OPS6 Terre Haute Police Operations 6

This change was made either today or late yesterday, ISU has now been taken off the DB.............If I had to guess I would say they are going to stay EDACS for as long as the City has it operating............

No listing for TG 4048...yet............

Last edited:

usswood

hmmm........

DB now shows (as of now)

7520 1d6 E 84 THPD OPS3 Terre Haute Police Operations 3 Law Tac
37392 921 E 84 THPD OPS4 Terre Haute Police Operations 4 Law Tac
37424 923 E 84 THPD OPS5 Terre Haute Police Operations 5 Law Tac
37456 925 E 84 THPD OPS6 Terre Haute Police Operations 6

This change was made either today or late yesterday, ISU has now been taken off the DB.............If I had to guess I would say they are going to stay EDACS for as long as the City has it operating............

No listing for TG 4048...yet............

I would bet that KD is right about the 4 E TGs (actually now that I looked back at some notes...seems that THPD was to get 6 ENC TGs and 1 clear TG for DISP) info came from a really good source!!!....the 4048 I don't believe is a local group...the range is not close to us!!!

jamesa53

If this holds true all THPD Ops will be "E", 4 are "E" now and Ops 1 and Ops 2 would be the other two for a total of 6.

BTW usswood does Trunk88 show encrypted TGs on its display when they become active?

Like in the other thread 4048 I think will likely be another FG TG for THFD.

These are great times for us in TH!!!! Its like 156.210 has come back!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

usswood

yeah trunk88 shows all keys..ENC or ANA...and I believe I almost got the fire lay out....looks like ALL CALL, DISP, TAC1, TAC2, and I believe they will have a FIRE SECURE also

ALL CALL is probabaly 84 THFD EMERG

then TGs would be 2288 2304 3456 4048...there might not be a TAC2 and 4048 is going to the the Secure Channel

84 THFD EMERG 2288
84 THFD DISP 2304
84 THFD TAC 1 3456
84 THFD SECURE 4048

unconfirmed but it seems logical with what I have seen on TRUNK

Last edited:

KD4YGG

Database Admin
yeah trunk88 shows all keys..ENC or ANA...and I believe I almost got the fire lay out....looks like ALL CALL, DISP, TAC1, TAC2, and I believe they will have a FIRE SECURE also

ALL CALL is probabaly 84 THFD EMERG

then TGs would be 2288 2304 3456 4048...there might not be a TAC2 and 4048 is going to the the Secure Channel

84 THFD EMERG 2288
84 THFD DISP 2304
84 THFD TAC 1 3456
84 THFD SECURE 4048

unconfirmed but it seems logical with what I have seen on TRUNK

Usswood, Jamesa53

Remember that for an officer or firefighter who has been using a radio for several years, the easiest way to train them is to duplicate the old radio layout they are used to, including alpha tags and channel knob locations.

Good work - keep it up!!!

usswood

Usswood, Jamesa53

Remember that for an officer or firefighter who has been using a radio for several years, the easiest way to train them is to duplicate the old radio layout they are used to, including alpha tags and channel knob locations.

Good work - keep it up!!!

correct...I already hear some call DISP TG Fire Main...just like there EDACS setup....also they sent several units to Station 5 this morn for 'Radio Training' :)

Status
Not open for further replies.