New Tar Hollow State Forest MARCS Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new tower located in the Tar Hollow State Forest on the Ross/Hocking County line is up. This site is supposed to be online within days... Does anybody have any frequency info on this site? I cannot find a license for it.

That license is for the new Chillicothe (Located in the City of Chillicothe) site.

I am talking about a totally different site that is 15 miles to the east of Chillicothe in the Tar Hollow State Forest (Located in between Londonderry and Adelphi)... The new site I am talking about is roughly 5 miles up the same road from the Londonderry MARCS site.

This tower was just recently stacked...

Confusing I know, we are getting all kinds of new MARCS sites down here.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
That license is for the new Chillicothe (Located in the City of Chillicothe) site.

I am talking about a totally different site that is 15 miles to the east of Chillicothe in the Tar Hollow State Forest (Located in between Londonderry and Adelphi)... The new site I am talking about is roughly 5 miles up the same road from the Londonderry MARCS site.

This tower was just recently stacked...

Confusing I know, we are getting all kinds of new MARCS sites down here.

I stand corrected. Maybe Mike or Tom will jump in, they know a lot about MARCS.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
The new tower located in the Tar Hollow State Forest on the Ross/Hocking County line is up. This site is supposed to be online within days... Does anybody have any frequency info on this site? I cannot find a license for it.

Why not drive out there and find out with the search function on your scanner?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Why not drive out there and find out with the search function on your scanner?

ROFL. I guess that's okay if you're somebody who likes to make unnecessary trips. But what if the site isn't online yet? Everything down in southern ohio is rural. It probably isn't a 10-minute drive from anywhere to that site.

Although, I wish everyone with a digital scanner that lived down in SE Ohio would actually do that once in a while. I have a feeling there are still a handful of sites down there that are now in different zones, have different site IDs, and are advertising different neighbors. It'd sure be nice to know that info.

Mike

Thanks for finding the info Mike!

As for driving out there and searching for the frequency, I could have drove out there with a scanner (Which I did go out there with the wife... We took our child playing in the park there) but I know for a fact that the tower is not online yet... lol

Was just curious about what the frequencies were going to be.

As far as I know, there are no other additional new sites going up around here, only upgrades in the future.

Thanks all!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.