new tech kk4who couple of questions... (knoxville)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhoadie

anyone have a updated list of freq on 2m/70cm local and surrounding counties to knox?... i have programmed in 40 different repeater channels between 2m/70cm but not sure how updated the list was from reapterbook.com. Also found a list here but says it was updated last 2009... I'm mostly picking up traffic on one of w4kev and w4gbi and q2iw I can hit several other repeaters but no traffic...

I've heard references being use on the air such as channel 8 or 9, and some other double digits like maybe 94 or 37... I'm assuming they are talking about the same repeater but different frequency past the . or are the people referencing those using the same memory channels and talking about programmed channels?

I successfully made my first transmission mobile last tuesday night on the traders net, was pretty exciting to have them hear me and respond. I had previously tried on monday to make contact with a few guys on the same repeater but they either ignored me or couldn't hear me.

of course at the moment I'm just running a baofeng uv5r with a nagoya n701 antenna, so them not being able to hear me was more probable... I'm not looking to just jump in head first and buy up a bunch of stuff before i learn the basics, but I am interested in building my own mobile setup (or rather buy and put together), but at the moment i'm not wanting to put anything permanent in my vehicle as I show it from time to time and would want to be able to easily remove it. Any suggestions on a better antenna maybe mag mount to get me started? and is there anyway to increase the power output on the HT i have? I'm not beyond buying a better transceiver but need a lil direction before i just up and buy something i don't know much about yet.

any info is appreciated
Thanks,
Ryan... kk4who

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
anyone have a updated list of freq on 2m/70cm local and surrounding counties to knox?... i have programmed in 40 different repeater channels between 2m/70cm but not sure how updated the list was from reapterbook.com. Also found a list here but says it was updated last 2009... I'm mostly picking up traffic on one of w4kev and w4gbi and q2iw I can hit several other repeaters but no traffic...

I've heard references being use on the air such as channel 8 or 9, and some other double digits like maybe 94 or 37... I'm assuming they are talking about the same repeater but different frequency past the . or are the people referencing those using the same memory channels and talking about programmed channels?

I successfully made my first transmission mobile last tuesday night on the traders net, was pretty exciting to have them hear me and respond. I had previously tried on monday to make contact with a few guys on the same repeater but they either ignored me or couldn't hear me.

of course at the moment I'm just running a baofeng uv5r with a nagoya n701 antenna, so them not being able to hear me was more probable... I'm not looking to just jump in head first and buy up a bunch of stuff before i learn the basics, but I am interested in building my own mobile setup (or rather buy and put together), but at the moment i'm not wanting to put anything permanent in my vehicle as I show it from time to time and would want to be able to easily remove it. Any suggestions on a better antenna maybe mag mount to get me started? and is there anyway to increase the power output on the HT i have? I'm not beyond buying a better transceiver but need a lil direction before i just up and buy something i don't know much about yet.

any info is appreciated
Thanks,
Ryan... kk4who
Eddie,
Send a Private message and I will send you a Freescan file mof the area and repeaters.
Doug

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Once you have over 10 posts, things should start changing for permissions etc, unless its on the other person's end, and they have set their privacy settings to block anyone from here talking to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.