New Tech licensee

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9DWB

QRT
I guess it can't get much faster than that. I signed off on my NVEC certificate last night at about 6:35 PM Eastern Time. I looked on the ULS at about 5 PM today and it was switched over. It shows on my License Reference Copy, so that sounds as official as it's getting.

:coffee:

KC5AKB

Ok congrats ,so by the new year that will be a extra class lic
You are doing great .
You also know we have to give you a hard time. We hung out with the tech for a while .
Good job and good DX

K9DWB

QRT
Thanks folks. Don't worry on the hard time stuff. I can take it. I am talking to myself now about HF. I may stick with Yaesu and get an FT-991, but I'm looking used as well while I wait on the bank account to gather a bit more dollars. Had to buy glasses recently and that wiped the savings.

KC5AKB

Well the 991 and 991a are good rigs the only difference between the two is the live waterfall on the 991a I like the 991 better than the icom 7300 it runs cooler when under load like 12 or more hours talking out side in the sun
The icom will over heat and cut back on the power while the 991 keeps cool enough not to over heat . Only 3 of us can over heat the icom in about a hour the rest of the group does not have a heat issue but are only making 20 to 25 contacts per hour vs our 55 to 73 contacts per hour
I like the 7100 icom after the power mod
I also like the kenwood ts 2000

The yaesu ft 857 do look at the display they have a dot issue
The ft 100 not the fusion rig but Hf rig
The ft 900 ft 990 no 440 , 2m or 6m
The ft 920 6m and hf
Ft 2000 and ft 1000
The kenwood 480 are both good

The old ts 440 kenwood is a solid radio but a risky buy due to age and the ft 757 yaesu

The ones I do Not Like
Alinco and the 718 icom I have owned or used these rigs .

I am lucky I have a couple of good local tech’s that keep the gear up and running.

we have good luck out of the maxcon ocfd
Antenna it holds its own
I have a couple on loan and keep 2 for the tower trailer get them 30 ft or more at the center and tune them by changing the angle of the wire you are good to go.
AND THE Price is right!!!!!!!
You can listen to ham radio online at www.webSDR.org

Status
Not open for further replies.