New Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ7IQJ

I'm new, naive, and having fun. Nice to meet y'all.

Not sure what I want to do yet but the first step, getting licensed, is behind me. Have a Yaesu FT-65R, managed to unlock it and program a few local repeaters into it. Time will tell if I have it right.

Planning on going to my first club meeting in a few weeks.

K4EET

Chaplain
Hey Ron, congratulations on getting your ham license and welcome to the wonderful world of Amateur Radio! One of the first things that you may want to do is to log into Callsign Database by QRZ Ham Radio and "claim" your callsign. You can customize the record and even add a biography so others who look you up can learn a little about you. Go to the QRZ website and enter K4EET and go to my "Biography" tab and you will see what I mean. Don't hesitate to ask any of us questions. No question is a "stupid" question! We all asked them ourselves! LOL! Again, Welcome to the hobby Ron and I'm sure you will have a lot of fun. There is so much to choose from you will never run out of things to do...

Cheers and 73, Dave K4EET

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to ham radio. Joining a club is a great idea, especially if it is an active club. My club, the Delaware Valley Radio Association, W2ZQ, is an active club and even has it's own club station. Couldn't ask for more. Enjoy ham radio, it is a lifelong hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.