New Texas Forum Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppleMan

Howdy, I am new to scanning and am considering getting the Pro 107. Has anyone had any experience wit one of these? Also, I'm looking for the following city police frequencies for the following cities:

-Rosenberg
-Richmond
-Fulshear
-Fort Bend County Sheriff
-Brazos County Constable
-College Station
-TX DPS (Brazos County/Grimes County)

I did some searches and found some of the frequencies:

brazos constable: 158.89500
college station: 868.75000

Can anyone comment if these are correct? If these are listed somewhere, can you point me in the right direction? Thanks.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
No those aren't correct. You are going to want to click on database above and then click on texas to get the right frequencies. You may want to read up on trunking and MOT trunking in the Radioreference wiki so you know how it works which corresponds to the way you program it into your scanner.

SCPD

QRT
You're missing this: Bryan / Brazos County Trunking System, Bryan, Texas - Scanner Frequencies but welcome anyways.and if your wanting to hear any Texas DPS, forget the Pro-107 and try the Pro-106. Texas DPS is Digital. the 107 is not a Digital scanner.

158.89500 WNCL844 RM 51.4 PL Brazos Const Constables Talkaround (dispatched on TRS) [Dispatched on TRS means TRUNKED RADIO SYSTEM and that system uses a Mix of Analog and Digital] Most, if not all of Bryan is using the Trunking system. Most of that part of Texas will be trunked as the years go on and Everyone not trunked will eventually be fully digital. Many Texas agencies are in the process of moving to Digital now. Seriously, read up on Trunking, P25/Digital in the Wiki before wasting your money on a scanner that won't pick up what's really out there to hear.

Looks like Constables are Digital (Mode D), Bryan PD Analog (Mode A) and Narcotics E for Encrypted (typical) so, were I you, I'd save the money for a Pro-106, GRE PSR500/600 or Uniden equivalent.

Last edited:

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Looks like Constables are Digital (Mode D), Bryan PD Analog (Mode A) and Narcotics E for Encrypted (typical) so, were I you, I'd save the money for a Pro-106, GRE PSR500/600 or Uniden equivalent.

Bryan Police is digital, not analog. All law enforcement operations on the County system are digital. Fort Bend county and the other areas you were referring to are on the TxWARN analog system:
Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Motorola Trunking System, Metro Houston area, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

College Station and Brazos County will be moving to the TxWARN digital system sometime in the near future:
Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Project 25 Trunking System, Various, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

SCPD

QRT
That wasn't for me mfn. I'm 300 miles away and not listening to that system and know nothing about it. I was just helping the New fellow out and posting what I saw in the DB that he seems to be over looking. But thanks for the info anyways. If I take a vacation to Bryan I'll be able to hear things better. Lets see, what's in Bryan for a vacation ..... Deluxe Inn and a continental breakfast?

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
That wasn't for me mfn. I'm 300 miles away and not listening to that system and know nothing about it. I was just helping the New fellow out and posting what I saw in the DB that he seems to be over looking. But thanks for the info anyways. If I take a vacation to Bryan I'll be able to hear things better. Lets see, what's in Bryan for a vacation ..... Deluxe Inn and a continental breakfast?

No, I was talking to AppleMan.

Status
Not open for further replies.