New TG 17824 on Calgary Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDMechanic

Has anyone else heard TG 17824. To me it sounds like security at the hospitals. Can anyone else confirm before I submit to the database.

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
It wont be AHS Security, That I can say with 100% Certainty. If it is a security then it would be with Calgary Airport Authority, I will keep an ear open but I have not heard it as of yet.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
It's not airport authority unless the airport authority has nursing suites and units and x-ray. I've had several hits in the 17xxx range over the past few months, all on the South Hospital site, making such references.

Despite your 100% certainty (with all due respect) I believe this will be SHC security, porters, etc. They're the only hospital in Calgary without a site on the MPT1327 system.

VE3RADIO

It's not airport authority unless the airport authority has nursing suites and units and x-ray. I've had several hits in the 17xxx range over the past few months, all on the South Hospital site, making such references.

Despite your 100% certainty (with all due respect) I believe this will be SHC security, porters, etc. They're the only hospital in Calgary without a site on the MPT1327 system.

If there are porters and units its a hospital.. that is pretty much a hospital function.

beeperboy

South Health is using the new Calgary Digital site they recently installed. Jay is correct in that South Health is not using the MPT1327 system. My guess is that they were unable to figure out how to add another site to the MPT system.

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
I will eat my words...

It does sound like AHS Security. I think Beeperboy is correct for the reason. I have had a few long conversations with AHS in regards to the radio network they are using in Calgary and timeline for AFRCCS and the comms people hate CDR.

It is only coming out of the South Calgary Health Campus repeater site similar to the Airport site.

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
I had a thought listening to it again... but I can't confirm it.

AHS EMS has "Transfer Paramedics" who take care over from incoming EMS crews. and I know South Calgary Health Campus uses Paramedics in ER for this, as well as using Paramedics to be in charge of some units.

I don't hear it that often being up in Brentwood, But Jay, and HDMechanic, what are your thoughts?

Jay911

Feed Provider
Wouldn't know. I've only heard smidgens when I venture into the area the SHC tower covers. Not enough to form a conversation and understand what's being communicated there.

Someone in the area needs to park a radio exclusively on SHC site and scanning only those TGs (I've seen 17840 as well as the one mentioned in the OP). Tell us what you find.

HDMechanic

I heard them looking for someone and it sounded way to much like security to me. I live in the SE but have been busy with work and not listening to scanner much. Maybe over the weekend.

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
Jordan, Can park your scanner on the TG one day, and record it? Then fire the link off to Jay or Myself, (va6ems)

Jay911

Feed Provider
I saw an 18xxx group on my scanner yesterday with radio ID in the 26xxx range, with "Testing 1 2 3 4 5" going on (in analog). I think the site was Forest Lawn. Wasn't SHC for sure.

Tonight when I get home I'll pull the logs/recordings and see what I have.

Jay911

Feed Provider
That group was 18208, seen on every site (except SHC, but I was a good distance away from it). Nothing except "testing 1 2 3" on it.

masonb

Not (but could be?) SHC related but did anyone else hear TG 49456 being heavily tested yesterday? I have no idea where these guy were at, but they were definitely testing the range on the radios doing constant 'radio check' & 'how many bars'. CC was off the Bankers Hall site.

Jay911

Feed Provider
I don't know about 49456 but I heard some other 17xxx groups on Friday afternoon when I was in the south end of the city. Haven't had time to check the recordings on the 436 yet. Those of you who follow emergency services in the area will recognize why I was busy today.

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
Hope you day is getting better friend...

I want to ask this question to the group.

The CDR site "Transalta" is named that because it's on a tower located on a Transalta site. TransAlta Site Details (Calgary Digital Radio)

I was going to recommend changing the name in the database to "Broadcast Hill" since that is were the tower is located. (Near Westside Rec Centre)

Thoughts?

Jay911

Feed Provider
Personally I think it should remain named as it is now.

The other TGs I have are 17856 which was talking about something "slowly dropping, at 11 now"; 17872 which sounded like recreation preparation (soccer, floor hockey, and moving things into auditoriums) and references to the Calgary Health Trust office; and 18208 (testing only). The 17xxx groups were both on SHC exclusively while 18208 roamed to Spy Hill, Transalta, Banker's, Fish Creek, and Forest Lawn.

Radio IDs observed on all these groups have been in the 26xxx range.

Heidi750

Premium Subscriber
I had a look yesterday ... looks like they might have a second talkgroup: 17824
Any word on this one?

Has anyone else heard TG 17824. To me it sounds like security at the hospitals. Can anyone else confirm before I submit to the database.

DX-300

I sat down last night and started listening to this 17824 talkgroup and it definately sounds like SHC security. BTW this South Calgary site really comes in well here where I am! I was getting frustrated with the Fish Creek site as reception was awful at times intermittently for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.