New TG Lawton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I heard a lot of keying up last night on tg 61520 on the Mt Baker repeater, site 29. I didn't hear any voice traffic but it's a new group.

I have a question about Baker Peak's control channel; is it simulcast? I sometimes will hear faint traffice using 39's control channel at 1 bar or less then the next key up it's at 2-3 bars and audio sounds like it's hear in elk city. I've been able to aim my antenna so I pick up both systems at times on the same control channel. One sentence it's loud and clear and the dispatcher will come in faint.

Jim

n5bew1

I imagine the site 39 in your first post should have been 29. The only DPS system sites that use 859.2625 or 860.2625 as control channels are Baker Peak and Tecumseh as far as I can see. Perhaps there is another non state system with those control channels that your hearing. I'm just trying to understand your post as you said both systems as in 2 separate DPS sites.

WX5JCH

Banned
Yes, I checked and it's site 29 in cooperton, What can I say, I'm not completely over my stroke, but my question is still why am I hearing 2 control channels on 859.2625. I hear cooperton 24/7 loud and clear on my 996.

Sometimes I hear traffic on that that comes up with known good TG's. but in mid conversation it goes from full quieting to a R2 or less. For example,
you can be listening to Comanche Fire and they come in real good on one sentence and next they are hardly readable.

Just wondering about my only link to listening in on the state system from home here in Elk... :confused:
Jim
KE5FEK/KE5AZY

n5bew1

Yes, I checked and it's site 29 in cooperton, What can I say, I'm not completely over my stroke, but my question is still why am I hearing 2 control channels on 859.2625. I hear cooperton 24/7 loud and clear on my 996.

Sometimes I hear traffic on that that comes up with known good TG's. but in mid conversation it goes from full quieting to a R2 or less. For example,
you can be listening to Comanche Fire and they come in real good on one sentence and next they are hardly readable.

Just wondering about my only link to listening in on the state system from home here in Elk... :confused:
Jim
KE5FEK/KE5AZY
Well Jim if the Baker mt site which has 4 repeaters on 4 different frequencies( not counting the control channel) operating all the time. Radio traffic bounces around those 4 frequencies during the course of the day and if one repeater has a problem with very low power out any transmissions on that repeater will give you the weak signals you are hearing, a weak signal to you one time then it might switch to a full power repeater which will give you the good signal the next..
i.e. one good transmission then one weak one if the control channel sends the traffic to the bad transmitter.
Hope this makes sense.

I heard a lot of keying up last night on tg 61520 on the Mt Baker repeater, site 29. I didn't hear any voice traffic but it's a new group.

I have a question about Baker Peak's control channel; is it simulcast? I sometimes will hear faint traffice using 39's control channel at 1 bar or less then the next key up it's at 2-3 bars and audio sounds like it's hear in elk city. I've been able to aim my antenna so I pick up both systems at times on the same control channel. One sentence it's loud and clear and the dispatcher will come in faint.

Jim

I have been listening for this talkgroup since you posted and finally heard it Monday night during a signal 82 outside of Cache. First Responders on scene were attempting to talk to Air Evac just before they arrived on scene and this talkgroup was their 1st try. They didn't answer and the responders didn't try any more, they just used their respective dispatchers.
Haven't heard it since, will let you know if it comes up anymore.
One more thing, the Jaws of Life were used to extricate the people in the car

WX5JCH

Banned
I've heard some car-to-car traffic on it but not much else. The radio techs were in the area so I assume we will be getting a few new groups. Still listening... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.