New TG on state wide for LSP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kicktd

Seems that there is a new TG active on the state wide for the LSP. I'm getting activity on TG ID 19. Most of it is them calling Troop A to run tags etc. Maybe a new Troop A dispatch ID? Anyone else picking up activity on TG ID 19?

kicktd

the old system. Don't have a digital yet so I can't monitor the new LATIE system :(

Checked the database but didn't see anything showing information on TG ID 19

EDIT: I have a recording of some of the traffic if it would help out :)

Last edited:

red8

I have been hearing Troop A on TG 5776 this evening on my 796,
I have my batteries charging on my 396. Guess I'll have to get my
AC adapter and find out.

kicktd

Haven't heard anything on 19 for awhile now but maybe it's something that occurs during certain hours. Will watch out for it tomorrow and see if TG 19 comes up again. Was definitely Troop A.

EDIT: Just heard TG 19 come in again. Was Troop A dispatch again.

Last edited:

kicktd

milf said:
Sounds like a NIGHT patch possibly??

Possibly. I'll see if it comes back this evening around the same time I heard it. Maybe a patch from 5PM till ?? but it wasn't that much radio traffic just every now and then a car calling Troop A but wasn't like the TG for Troop L dispatch which has a good amount of traffic on it. This was just sporadic and only certain units.

I'll keep an ear open and let you guys know if I hear anything else that might can help figure out what it is.

EDIT: Here is a snippet of the traffic I was hearing on TG 19. Doesn't contain any tags or anything, made sure of that but I guess it doesn't matter lol
http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/i/kicktd45/troopacall.mp3

Last edited:

red8

kicktd,
I have picked up TG 5779 for Troop A dispatch also on my scanner,
Troop A has been using that TG at night after 5:00. But I don't
think that is a LATIE Talk Group, because they have used TG 5021
on the LATIE.

kicktd

Yeah it's not part of the LATIE system it's part of the 800Mhz system. Wonder if we can get this in the DB so that it will reflect TG of 5779 for Troop A dispatch after 5. Still don't know why they were using TG 19 the other day.

fireman1417

The talkgroups you're talking about are patches. An ID# + 3 (status bit) indicates a patch. Troop A F1 Dispatch ID is 16, the new one you see is 19. The State HQ channel is 5776, the new one you see is 5779. I know awile back I was hearing Troop A on the HQ channel on a regular basis, I just assumed that for whatever reason Trp A had switched their dispatch to a different channel, however it may be possible that they are patching their dispatch channel over to the HQ channel. My Pr0-95 it ignores status bits and just appears as one of the talkgroups that is patched, some scanners however can be set to show the status bits and so you're probably seeing the patch.

kicktd

fireman1417 said:
The talkgroups you're talking about are patches. An ID# + 3 (status bit) indicates a patch. Troop A F1 Dispatch ID is 16, the new one you see is 19. The State HQ channel is 5776, the new one you see is 5779. I know awile back I was hearing Troop A on the HQ channel on a regular basis, I just assumed that for whatever reason Trp A had switched their dispatch to a different channel, however it may be possible that they are patching their dispatch channel over to the HQ channel. My Pr0-95 it ignores status bits and just appears as one of the talkgroups that is patched, some scanners however can be set to show the status bits and so you're probably seeing the patch.

Yep you're correct. It does look to be a patch. I forgot about the S-bit on my scanner. Still good to know about the patches though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.