New tgid identified

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfw1193

So I have discovered a new tgid while id searching my fav list for Mansfield Tx. When I add it to a fav list since its not in rr db which service type do I choose to get it to receive or does that matter at all since its not in the rr database?

Last edited:

N9JIG

Sheriff
Any Service Type that you have set up would work as long as you turn that Service Type on.

I usually assign it the proper type ("Lat Dispatch" etc.) but sometimes I use a "Custom x" for specialty lists.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
So I have discovered a new tgid while id searching my fav list for Mansfield Tx. When I add it to a fav list since its not in rr db which service type do I choose to get it to receive or does that matter at all since its not in the rr database?
So what was the TGID and what site was it on? Since Mansfield uses at least three and maybe four sites I know of, I might be able to get it but then I might not? After I get the new antenna and mast setup soon hopefully, I should get all of those sites up here in NW Tarrant County.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

dfw1193

On the Fort Worth Regional System Same one used for Mansfield Pd that lists Animal Control the tgid is 7322 and is the Water Department, Im still trying to find the Streets Department, and Code Department.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
On the Fort Worth Regional System Same one used for Mansfield Pd that lists Animal Control the tgid is 7322 and is the Water Department, Im still trying to find the Streets Department, and Code Department.
I've never come across the code enforcement or streets department when listening from the radio room where I do have outside antennas on a mast and can receive the multiple Mansfield sites they use. It doesn't mean there may not be talk groups for these departments or users, but there may not be also? Do you know for a fact they have radios?

A lot of times the old VHF or UHF frequencies get used for a long, long time and the cities don't want to spend all that money on radios for Public Works personnel. I'm not saying that Mansfield is doing this but it wouldn't surprise me if they might be.

I know that in Lake Worth, we have a Public Works channel but I've only heard radio key ups on it and voice two or three times. And only for a brief second. I guess they have the channel ready for whenever the city buys the radios? But I don't expect it to be anytime soon and even the old 453.425 (or .475) Lake Worth, unlisted, Public Works channel has not had any activity on it in 6 years or more. I don't know why they stopped using it but they obviously didn't consider it important enough to keep operational. I've been looking for the public works frequencies or talk groups for the agencies in the area I live and it seems like a lot of these agencies are just sending workers to job sites without any radio a lot of the times. I think they rely on cell phones since it's not a matter of life and death in most cases. And then, if they do need to get multiple workers with the capability to talk to each other, they probably aren't prepared for it. I think they try to pull the old radios out and hope they're still charged? I'm not really sure to be honest.

It seems that much of the time, unless you're the size of Fort Worth, a lot of agencies just don't seem to have the Public Works channels quite as much as they used to. But I really think that what is holding up us finding them is that the cities are not wanting to buy the radio yet and therefore we're just not able to hear anyting until they finally do make the purchases. And again, this may not be what Mansfield is doing, but at the same time, it might be exactly what they are doing also?

Oh yeah, and one more thing. I know that a lot of the agencies give the ACO one of the Police radios even if they only have the Animal Control Officer Channel they can talk on. I know that Parker County has a specific Channel that is dispatched by the Sheriff's Department dispatcher. But a lot of the agencies out here just use the name Patrol Channel for their ACO. Even though this is really a public works function, that's just the way it is and they seem to get grouped what the law enforcement side of radio traffic.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.