New TGID in Clark County

Status
Not open for further replies.

br0adband

Can't speak for either of those, but in the past few weeks I've caught 3 TGIDs on S.N.A.C.C. I'd never seen before and aren't part of the RRDB at this time ('cause I just checked again before making this post):

19664 (first noted on 1-15-2014)
21552 (first noted on 2-10-2014)
35856 (first noted on 1-15-2014)

The current RRDB listing shows 343 TGIDs on S.N.A.C.C. and the 3 I just posted aren't part of that list but it's been a while since the last updates for any TGIDs (February 19, 2013). My own current "list" in Unitrunker as per what it's pulled directly from the air shows 10 sites, 226 groups, and 3429 RIDs - geez, sure seems like I'm missing a lot out there. ;)

Yes I know it's almost impossible for anyone (except their own radio techs probably) to have monitored every single TG in that system but even so, things are different now I guess. Long ago when I moved to Las Vegas for the second time I'd actually be up for the morning roll calls on the CCFD stuff and I'd record everything including a screengrab video of the "retro" Unitrunker as units responded, then I'd go back and play it at about 2/3 speed and note which RID matched which unit and so on. Painstakingly slow but in a few weeks I had nearly 1100 RIDs and it was awesome watching the old Unitrunker running so well and being able to ID not just the TGIDs but the RIDs as well and I did it quite well I think.

Downside is I lost that database of RIDs long ago too, not sure if I'll ever bother to do that again considering the sheer number of them for S.N.A.C.C. now, it's just not possible I suppose, and not everyone cares to bother with RIDs anyway. I just find it cool to be able to know exactly which unit is calling with a glance even if I miss the verbal ID.

Anyway, not sure about those 3 TGIDs I just posted, if you folks happen to know what they're attached to in terms of the activity I'd love to know myself, and the RRDB entry could sure stand a few updates as well if the info is available.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
snacc tgid

Those tgids you mentioned are on the original snacc, the 19xxx ones are digital p25 and commonly used by the college security CSN but we have yet to id them for which campus? Weird to find digital tgids on the snacc when they also have the system I mentioned the snacc p25 project. (Different system). That's where I hear the 522 tgid. Yes the SNACC in the database needs updating, seems new users coming on and some p25 digital. I guess changes are underway?

Intimidator21801

Premium Subscriber
New TGID

Yes I believe LVMPD is in the testing phases for their new system. The accident this morning on Spring Mountain & Decatur, I was hearing some of LVMPD's Accident Investigation Teams talking to each other. This was on the new frequencies that are listed below.
Hopefully these wont be scrambled after the P25 system is fully operational

br0adband

Yes I believe LVMPD is in the testing phases for their new system. The accident this morning on Spring Mountain & Decatur, I was hearing some of LVMPD's Accident Investigation Teams talking to each other. This was on the new frequencies that are listed below.
Hopefully these wont be scrambled after the P25 system is fully operational

You heard activity on the new 700 MHz frequencies earlier? You said something about "new frequencies listed below" but you didn't add anything else to your post, so now you've stoked my interest pretty high...

Also, was it straight analog on the new frequencies (or wherever you heard this activity), P25 Phase I or possibly Phase II which is what the new system should be using (and of course only 3 scanners can monitor, the GRE PSR-800 and the 2 new Uniden models)?

/me runs off to scan the 700 MHz group he created for the new LVMPD frequencies... nothing noted so far... :(

Last edited:

Intimidator21801

Premium Subscriber
NewTGID

Yes. I was listening to my scanner & heard various chatter on the above listed frequencies. It was clear. A lot of static. It was on the new 700mghz frequencies. Ity was the accident investigators speaking back & forth. Thats pretty much it. I live in the NW part of Vegas. When I heard it, I though it was on the Admin freq. But it wasnt. Again hopefully they dont scramble it once it goes fully operational

br0adband

Ok, so yes on the new frequencies, but you still didn't say if it was straight in-the-clear analog, P25 Phase I, or Phase II (assuming you have a PSR-800, a BCD-436HP, or a BCD-436HP because those are the only Phase II capable scanners)... so, can you answer that aspect? :D

Also, when you're saying "the frequencies listed above" are you positive you mean the 700 MHz ones? This thread was created about the SNACC P25 system and not the LVMPD, and yet you were specific and talked about the LVMPD so I'm kinda confused myself. The LVMPD will be moving to the 700 MHz range later this year, we know about that and the frequencies already, but SNACC has no plans to move to 700 MHz that I'm aware of (I could have just missed something, it happens) as their newer FCC licenses clearly show a ton of new frequencies going into effect (the SNACC WNQU894 license has 53 frequencies on it) and they're all in the 800 MHz range.

/me is confuzzled... :confused:

Last edited:

3mary2

700's or 800's

I am getting confused on what frequencies Metro will be running in the near future. I have a list of 800 frequencies Metro got a license for, and the license is for the next ten years with 10,000 units assigned to them. The 700's work really good with the MCT's. I was told the officers can't have both the MCT's and radio's on at the same time as this slows down the MCT's. I am probably wrong, but I think the 700 frequency will be for the MCT's and the 800's will be the P25 Phase ll

3mary2

SNACC

I am getting confused on what frequencies Metro will be running in the near future. I have a list of 800 frequencies Metro got a license for, and the license is for the next ten years with 10,000 units assigned to them. The 700's work really good with the MCT's. I was told the officers can't have both the MCT's and radio's on at the same time as this slows down the MCT's. I am probably wrong, but I think the 700 frequency will be for the MCT's and the 800's will be the P25 Phase ll

Oop wrong thread, Sorry!!!

br0adband

The new LVMPD 700 MHz setup is going to be somewhat complex and dare I say it pretty mucked up from what I've discovered with the licensing situations. They have licenses specifically for P25 Phase II, other licenses for both P25 Phase I and II (on the same license, that is), licenses for conventional frequencies (some with just one frequency, some with 3 or more), and so on, all in the 700 MHz spectrum.

Ugh... this is not going to be pretty. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.