New TGID's on the Somerset County system

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Guys,

I've been using my 396XT to search for new talkgroups on the Somerset County TRS.

I've logged a few hits today on 11568. It was 900-Mike talking to 'Communications'. That talkgroup fits between PD Central Ops 2 & PD Region 6 (Raritan Borough).

Isn't that the prosecutors?

W2SJW

Database Admin
It was the Somerset County command bus I heard.

My local town here got the 500MHz radios installed not too long ago - this could be one of the new talkgroups for future use of towns migrating up...

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Looks like Branchburg

They have been on this since the storm started. I suspect the highband system is down?

Echo Cars

W2SJW

Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.374 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I ran into one of our locals last night at the more popular pizzeria for them, and he was still on VHF. I know they are moving, and the radios are already in the cars, so that talkgroup does make sense...

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
They have been on this since the storm started. I suspect the highband system is down?

Echo Cars

From what I've heard, 11568 is supposed to be the new PD RGN 5, with PD RGN 5 OPS 1 being 11584 and PD RGN 5 OPS 2 being 11600; all these for future Branchburg and Somerville.

I guess just program all 3 of those in and see what you hear!

Last edited:

W2SJW

Database Admin
Putting Branchburg & Somerville on the same talkgroup, and then bisecting the geographic territory by keeping Raritan on region 6 makes no sense to me, except in ONE instance: Raritan still has their own dispatchers. Somerville might have agreed to secede all of it's dispatching responsibilities to county (just like Branchburg has been for years), and it then makes sense to keep the two together.

I always thought that Somerville & Raritan would be on the same talkgroup together, just for the simple fact of mutual-aid purposes.

BTW - I was in Haz-Mat HQ yesterday, and saw a huge pallet of brand-new APX7500's (with the O3 hand-held control heads). Droooooool... :D

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
Putting Branchburg & Somerville on the same talkgroup, and then bisecting the geographic territory by keeping Raritan on region 6 makes no sense to me, except in ONE instance: Raritan still has their own dispatchers. Somerville might have agreed to secede all of it's dispatching responsibilities to county (just like Branchburg has been for years), and it then makes sense to keep the two together.

I always thought that Somerville & Raritan would be on the same talkgroup together, just for the simple fact of mutual-aid purposes.

BTW - I was in Haz-Mat HQ yesterday, and saw a huge pallet of brand-new APX7500's (with the O3 hand-held control heads). Droooooool... :D

Apparently, the plan is for Somerville to transfer all dispatching responsibility by the end of the Winter (or so I hear), so I guess that's what going to happen.

APX7500's you say? Why no pics!? D:

Also, trying to get on the HazMat team... never get any info from people I contact. Highly willing to be a glow-worm / biochem weapon guinea pig.

W2SJW

Database Admin
I was not about to open the boxes - the pallet was still shrink-wrapped!

The stickers on the side did confirm that they are VHF/UHF-R2 models, though!

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
Seeing a lot of activity on TGID 54768 (d5f). However, it's almost entirely encrypted; I only caught a trail of non-encrypted P25 voice. Any idea who might be using this? Not that it really matters, considering it's encrypted; just curious.

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
Caught another one not in the database: 32368 (7e7). Can't tell what this is yet though... not enough chatter recorded yet, plus for some reason, my 996XT wasn't tuning into it (even though it's on ID SEARCH mode). I only happened to catch it browsing through some decoded CC data.

Last edited:

W2SJW

Database Admin
Seeing a lot of activity on TGID 54768 (d5f). However, it's almost entirely encrypted; I only caught a trail of non-encrypted P25 voice. Any idea who might be using this? Not that it really matters, considering it's encrypted; just curious.

That could be the county prosecutor's office. That talkgroup is just above North Plainfield, and not to far of a stretch from their current ops to be them (too far above the OEM encrypted stuff).

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
That could be the county prosecutor's office. That talkgroup is just above North Plainfield, and not to far of a stretch from their current ops to be them (too far above the OEM encrypted stuff).

Yeah, I was assuming it was the Prosecutor's Office as well. Seems they do pretty much all of their operations on their encrypted channels anymore (specifically TG d4b)... :-/

W2SJW

Database Admin
I caught a bunch of key-ups late last night on 16080, and a few 'check-one-two' type of deals.

What made that stick out in my mind was how weak the signal was - like it was being transmitted from only one tower on the system, and not the one that's near my home area...

robbinsj2

16080 is Franklin's "Fire Interop" talkgroup, analog. Mostly I've heard District 1 (occasionally other districts) using it as an overflow, particularly during Santa runs.

Jim

W2SJW

Database Admin
Considering I've seen the programming of the radios, I'm surprised I missed that!

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
Hahaha, yeah... I was about to say that. I caught a single transmission off of Franklin's system on it way back in July, but that's all I've seen of it.

Going to add it to the database??

Status
Not open for further replies.