New TG's on Federal Wireless DT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
They were having a problem with the Caledonia tower, they eliminated it altogether for now
And are working on fixing it and putting it back on line, the drivers say the radio's in that area are working better, they just said all the radio's are working
TG 9961575=AUDIO TESTING
TG 9961576=AUDIO TESTING ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR, FIVE. ANOTHER TEST ONE, TWO, THREE
TG 9961577=AUDIO TESTING ONE, TWO
-------------------------------------
TG 9961578
Lapennaco 5515 Stanley Ave, Niagara Falls
STAR TILE FONTHILL OR RIDGEVILLE
Niagara Cricket Center 5114 Thorold Townline Rd, Thorold, ON
1610 5TH AVE ?? AND AROUND HIGHWAY 8 DROPING OF BIN
BIG COUNTRY RAW / DROP OF BIN
PILLAR AND POST 48 John St W, Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON
Trucks are in Dunville ON also
dumping trucks at comfort farms in Fenwick Ontario
dropping bin at 26 Carlton street north Thorold

TG 9961579
in Dunville picking up yard waste
trucks in Yorktown
TG 9961576 and 9961575 are active this morning, Yard Waste being picked up on Geneva street and Linwell St Catharines. Someone said (GNO ??) Is there a waste company by that name.
TG 9961576 Truck is in Port Dalhousie
Listening to TG 9961577 this is Miller Waste picking up in St Catharines, Port Colborne, Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake.

I'll find out on Thursday if they are in Fort Erie picking up garbage, then it's them.

I wonder if GFL will be on this system also?
* GFL Environmental Inc. will be the contractor for Collection Area One (Grimsby, Lincoln, Pelham, Thorold, Wainfleet and West Lincoln)

The traffic I am picking up on 9961578 are trucks in Wainfleet, Thorold/Fonthill, Pelham/Fenwick and West Lincoln.

GFL Environmental Inc. will be the contractor for Collection Area One (Grimsby, Lincoln, Pelham, Thorold, Wainfleet and West Lincoln)

OK I'll keep an eye out now for new Talkgroups

Also I did not hear anyone talking about the Caledonia Site being brought back on line

Last edited by a moderator:

Saint

Premium Subscriber
This is a new Talkgroup 9961580 Miller Waste picking up organics and Residential Garbage. Audio is not to good, broken up a lot of time. Sometimes you just hear dead air, only pick up parts of the conversations.

New radios, new drivers trying to figure out the radios. Also new trucks that are having a lot of small breakdowns.

Don't know if the Caledonia site is up and running. Have not heard any techs on the talkgroups. Maybe they can fix things in the background.

Still don't have all radios in all the trucks, don't know how many new trucks have been delivered.
I'll keep listening for the whole week.

ATCTech

Site 7 with 2 confirmed frequencies submitted to the database. Location may be Fonthill.

All the waste collection traffic is on it as confirmation.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

ATCTech

It's on and it's active. Quite likely the old TAFL data that still shows Talk Wireless licenses is misleading, especially given the number of sites FWC already has down there. I'd say Hamilton would make more sense but Grimsby is already there, unless it's at the bottom of the mountain in the core.

FWIW the TIII CC data has been on 420.6625 for a long time but it never showed any activity previously.

1603291500397.png

Last edited:

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the information, I just used LCN Finder on My SDS100 Scanner and the LCN'S for the Fort Erie Site come back as 420.4625=LCN 918 and 420.7750=LCN 943 color code 1
Also the site ID is 16

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Also noticing I have both my scanners setup to listen to this system SDS100 Scanner and 436HP scanner and the 436HP is missing a lot of the calls.
Just in case there is anyone out there using the 436HP for this system.

gary123

I suspect its more a firmware handling the data rather than a hardware issue. The firmware for TIII needs a lot of work. With the passing of UPMan Uniden seems to have dropped the ball on updating anything.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I suspect its more a firmware handling the data rather than a hardware issue. The firmware for TIII needs a lot of work. With the passing of UPMan Uniden seems to have dropped the ball on updating anything.
Yep, thought I would post this just in case someone is using the BCD 436HP.

ATCTech

Hey Steve, can you check site 4 (Rainbow) and let us know what frequencies it reports? We have 420.375 listed as being part of site 1 but I've been watching that tower for nearly 2 hours now and there's no evidence it's active there. I'm not receiving site 4 well enough to be confident in the decodes but I'm suspicious 420.375 is a second frequency on it now.

Also, are you in range to see the site 6 that I reported last week? Becuase it's licensed on the same freqs as site 2 I can't tell if it's even active. I checked the TAFL back then and a 3rd frequency of 420.025 is licensed with the other two but Mike didn't include it in the RR database yet, pending confirmation.

Thanks!

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Hey Steve, can you check site 4 (Rainbow) and let us know what frequencies it reports? We have 420.375 listed as being part of site 1 but I've been watching that tower for nearly 2 hours now and there's no evidence it's active there. I'm not receiving site 4 well enough to be confident in the decodes but I'm suspicious 420.375 is a second frequency on it now.

Also, are you in range to see the site 6 that I reported last week? Becuase it's licensed on the same freqs as site 2 I can't tell if it's even active. I checked the TAFL back then and a 3rd frequency of 420.025 is licensed with the other two but Mike didn't include it in the RR database yet, pending confirmation.

Thanks!
I am using the analyzer on my sds100 scanner to see what kind of signal I get on the sites and I have checked all the sites off and on for a few days The best site I can pickup is the Fort Erie site I get five full bars pretty well all the time it will from time to time drop a couple of bars but that's the weather/wind, the other tower I receive is Port Colborne site but only occasionally I get one or maybe 2 bars so it will not decode on that site. All the other sites I get no signal at all, The only site that works for me is the Fort Erie site.
I don't use DSD+ anymore so I can not run that I only have my sds100 and 436HP scanners now. Sorry I can't provide anymore useful information
Steve

ATCTech

Ok, thanks anyway. I figured the Queenston site would be a stretch but I hoped that Rainbow was likely near enough. Perhaps one warm day on Friday will lead to some decent propagation conditions for me.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Ok, thanks anyway. I figured the Queenston site would be a stretch but I hoped that Rainbow was likely near enough. Perhaps one warm day on Friday will lead to some decent propagation conditions for me.
Yea I'm going to keep listening to this system day and night and see if my scanner locks onto any of the other towers, They are still making changes to the system, so if I hear about any changes I will post it.

Also, I will be going to Niagara Falls next week and I'll see if I can pick up different towers from there.
Steve

ATCTech

CONFIRMED: Rainbow Bridge site #4 now using 420.375 LSN 1823 and 422.575 LSN 1855. Changes submitted. I also suggested 420.375 be deleted from site 1 as that site has been reporting only 2 frequencies all afternoon, 420.675 & 420.875.

Site 4 using 420.375 as CC:

1603315621322.png

ATCTech

Updates submitted to correct a couple of frequency/LSN combinations in the database. Site 6 (Queenston) to be confirmed operational submitted LSNs will match licensed frequencies for the location provided.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Just checked the towers down my way. I still get the Fort Erie Tower at a full 5 bars and now I am getting the Port Colborne Tower at 4-5 bars.
Nice to have two towers I can pick up.
For a few minutes, I did receive Queenston tower but it was a weak signal at 1-2 Bars.
Also see on my 436HP scanner NET=12 SITE=0 if this is helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.