New TIII Ottawa Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

va3bnr

So, is TG 6 used by Clarence-Rockland? Sounds like it may be, "Ottawa" heard and Ottawa dispatches them.
Most comms in english also.

Dave
Yes its Ottawa Dispatch but for Prescott Russell

Hawkesbury 1 TG1
Hawkesbury 2 TG2
TAC 4 TG3
TAC 5 TG4
TAC 6 TG5
Ottawa TG6
TAC 1 TG7
TAC 2 TG8
TAC 3 TG9

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
So in that case, the proper tag should be likely Clarence-Rockland as identified by Dave , not Ottawa, Ottawa is only the dispatch, for proper name tags, it should be listed as the area of service.

Good find.

Here is the municipalities within Prescott-Russell. Will likely help you in finding out which municipality goes with which talkgroup.

Yes its Ottawa Dispatch but for Prescott Russell

Hawkesbury 1 TG1
Hawkesbury 2 TG2
TAC 4 TG3
TAC 5 TG4
TAC 6 TG5
Ottawa TG6
TAC 1 TG7
TAC 2 TG8
TAC 3 TG9

Last edited:

va3bnr

So in that case, the proper tag should be likely Clarence-Rockland as identified by Dave , not Ottawa, Ottawa is only the dispatch, for proper name tags, it should be listed as the area of service.

Good find.

Here is the municipalities within Prescott-Russell. Will likely help you in finding out which municipality goes with which talkgroup.

I know Ottawa its Clarence-Rockland
Hawkesbury 1 it's Hawkesbury, and Nation TAC they're use for traffic control,practice or if there are 2 municipality calls at the same time, one will switch to a TAC.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
A quick google maps shows me the following areas that have a fire department. Now I'd imagine most of these fall under a town/township/municipality. I'm not familiar with the area, but that's usually how they're broken down.

Hopefully this will help figure out your talkgroups. Your talkgroup names will likely be identified by the municipality, not the fire dept. itself.

If your area fire departments have weekly radio/pager tests etc. Those are the days that you're most likely to catch which areas use each talkgroup. Each municipality probably has there own set of talkgroups and tac channels perhaps too.

I count 14 different depts. serving 8 different city/towns/townships/municipalities. You say there's 18 talkgroups on this system. That leaves room for either training channels, tac channels, paging channels or comms back to dispatch. Now after all this, does public works use this system or is this strictly the fire depts?

Township of Alfred and Plantagenet
Alfred - Fire Dept.
Plantagent

City of Clarence-Rockland
Station 1 - Bourget
Station 2 - Clarence Creek
Station 3 - Rockland

Municipality of Casselman
Casselman Fire Dept - Casseleman

Township of Champlain
L'Original Fire Dept. - L'Original
Vankleek Hill Fire Dept. - Vankleek Hill

Township of East Hawkesbury
St. Eugene Fire Dept. - St. Eugene

Township of Russell
Embrun Fire Dept. - Embrun
Russell Fire Dept. - Russell

Hawkesbury
Hawkesbury Fire Dept.

Municipality of The Nation
Fournier Nation Fire Dept. - Parkers Corners
St. Bernadin Fire Dept. - St. Bernardin

DaveH

I am still getting a lot of distortion on 163.275 but the signal is very strong (looking at DSD+ scope window). It
is either multipath (reflections) or receiving signal from multiple locations. 163.575 is much better.

Now back to another few unanswered questions.

(1) Where is site 2-1.1, and is control channel being transmitted from multiple sites? I do not hear control channel
activity on 163.575.

(2) Has activity been seen on paging frequency 143.550 (digital) or its link 414.0875? I listened a bit but did not
hear anything.

(3) Are there any known direct frequencies (simplex)? Trunked system is great, but there are only three voice channels
available at most.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.