New to 996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrak

Ok, so I'm programming some scanners for CBS 5 here in Phoenix. Never have I programmed a Uniden, but I thought I'd give it a shot. So a couple quick questions, 1)Why when I put conventional and P25 under the same SQK but in a different GQK I have to press Func>scroll to the system>then press the GQK to activate/deactivate but if it were all conv or all trunk in the same system I can just press Func>GQK? 2)When pressing hold then scrolling through the different channels is there a way to get rid of the custom searches?

Edit: Just thought of another thing, when I disable the trunked system in the SQK where I have conventional and trunked the scanner still searches for a control channel but of course never stops on talkgroups.

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
F+GQK only affects the currently scanned system. (Not all systems nor all systems that have the same SQK.)

firemedic2150

Database Admin
When I disable the trunked system in the SQK where I have conventional and trunked the scanner still searches for a control channel but of course never stops on talkgroups.

This sounds to me like you have the system or a system programmed without a SQK assigned so therefore it is active all the time unless you manually lock it out or assign it a QK.

MMc.

Status
Not open for further replies.