New To All Of This

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTD99

Hello to all,
I am completely new to this so try to bear with me but i recently acquired a BCT8. I can do all of the service scanning just fine. the problem I am having is with trunking. I have entered ID's into the scanner but i do not believe i am entering them correctly. For example, i want to listen to the SW metro transit talk group, Eden prairie's system type is LTR multinet and South west metro transit's unique ID is 5411. So to enter this talk group into my scanner I go into trunking mode select bank 1 then LT(LTR), then i select Pro9id. Now i have a screen that shows i am in trunk mode on LTR and i have something that looks like this 1-1 -- --- now when i read through the manual it says LTR id's have six digits, how does this work with SWT having a four digit ID ? Am I mistaken in thinking that i can listen to this talk group (o and by the way the system uses EF johnson multinet). One other thing i am trying to monitor carver county police, they use the ARMER system.
Carver County Law Enforcement Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
2700 a8c D CVMAIN Carver County Sheriff Main Law Dispatch
2702 a8e D CVCOM 1 Carver County Sheriff Info Traffic Law Dispatch
2704 a90 D CVCOM 2 Carver County Sheriff Info Traffic Overflow Law Dispatch
2706 a92 D CV EST C2C Sheriff East Car-to-Car Law Talk
2708 a94 D CV WST C2C Sheriff West Car-to-Car Law Talk
2710 a96 D CVCOMMON Carver Common Law Enforcement Law Talk
2712 a98 D CV Carver County Law Tac
2848 b20 D CVSO TAC 1 Carver County Sheriff TAC 1 Law Tac
2898 b52 D CvCoSh Tac 3 Carver County Sheriff TAC 3 Law Tac

The unique ID for carver county law enforcement talkgroup is 9069.

If somebody could help sort of guide me through entering these Id's, it would be greatly appreciated and i am very interested in scanning.

stmills

The BCT8 will not receive the systems you want to hear. Eden Prairie and ARMER are both APCO 25 9600 baud digital systems. You need a Uniden 296,396,796,996, Radio Shack Pro 96 or 2096 or GRE 500 or 600.

Steve

CTD99

thank you

ok thanks for the reply. Can you recommend any bands that are in the southwest metro that are worth listening to ? I seem to get lakeville and orono police when just service scanning.

Also i am having trouble connecting my scanner to my computer, i followed all of the manuals directions but i cannot select a COM port (computer just doesnt see it) i have a DB9 USB adapter but i remember reading in another thread that i may need a Null modem adapter ?

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
You should be able to get most anything outside the metro area since they mostly havent gone digital yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.