New to Area (Martin and St. Lucie Counties)

fanz1

I have entered St Lucie and Martin Counties Florida into my SDS100 from Sentinel to my favorites list but dont seem to be getting any reception. Any ideas? I mean nothing at all. Thanks

LarryVavrek

This should answer your question:

System Notes​

All law enforcement operations are encrypted and cannot be monitored.
Users as of system implementation:
Martin County Sheriff's Department
Martin County Fire Rescue Department
Martin County local government agencies
City of Stuart Police
City of Stuart Fire Department
Sewall’s Point
Jupiter Island
St. Lucie County Sheriff's Department
Port St. Lucie Police Department
Ft. Pierce Police Department
St. Lucie County Fire District
St. Lucie County local government agencies

ed3750

Premium Subscriber
All St Lucie Fire channels are encrypted. All Martin fire comm/ops channels are encrypted. However, the Martin Fire station alert channels are in the clear. So you can hear the initial alert, but nothing further.

Teambudjr

Premium Subscriber
So I am thinking about moving from Long Island to St Lucie, What CAN I listen to? I am going to have scanner withdrawals !!! 50+years of scanning.....

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
So I am thinking about moving from Long Island to St Lucie, What CAN I listen to? I am going to have scanner withdrawals !!! 50+years of scanning.....

Florida East Coast Railway runs through Martin, St. Lucie, and Indian River counties. With BrightLine extending service to Orlando soon, that can provide some interesting listening that you can also witness in person near the tracks.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Florida East Coast Railway runs through Martin, St. Lucie, and Indian River counties. With BrightLine extending service to Orlando soon, that can provide some interesting listening that you can also witness in person near the tracks.
I listen to the east coast rail when I go down to see relatives in Vero and not much to hear

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
You won’t be able to hear anything in martin and st lucie unfortunately, I visit my mom in veri and monitor Indian river county fd which is unencrypte, if I were you i would move to west coast or maybe brevard county which most stuff is in the clear, it sucks they encrypt the fd in st lucie and Martin , no reason for that.

emscapt9816

Retired, but somehow working harder now...
Premium Subscriber
South of Martin County (Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade) FD and EMS are unencrypted, as is Broward Sheriff's Office.

Nasby

Florida is the land of encryption and it gets worse by the day. Aircraft and boats can still be scanned. If scanning is really important to you, I’d pick a county in Fla that hasn’t gone full encryption yet.