• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New to cb & electronics (Schematics projects)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm learning as I go -- and ran across a site with some interesting schematics and was hoping to get some input from others. The site, as I understand it; is pretty much "dead" as a business - as the guy is no longer producing kits .

(Just an aside, the way I ended up at cbcintl was a recommendation for "The Channel Guard" - but it's not being made anymore; but while I surfed his site....)

While I understand this 1st one is illegal in the US, it's an "FM Converter" Can something like this really work? While it seems I would need equipment (and ability to use them) to align it properly -- this seems like a cool project: FM3 FM Converter Schematic for CB Radios

The next is a roger beep -- My car has one built in; but the base station does not -- and would like to say "I built it" vs buy one -- especially since they seem expensive and/or are "5 beeps" or something else ... I know not everyone likes them -- but I'd like to build one
http://cbcintl.com/images/rbeep.gif
seems like a good candidate as any -- only what about "TX 'low on transmit'" -- wouldn't it be the other way around ? the line goes high when transmitting?

The last one is something he's calling a "dynamic speech processor" -- and he claims it's not a "modulation kit" -- in laymans terms -- does that do what it claims? Dynamic Speech Processor (DSP) for CB Radios or is it just another modulation/swing kit?

be kind -- I'm new & just out to have a bit of fun and try to learn something along the way -- If I build one of these things and they don't work; no biggie -- if they fry the radio -- no biggie -- I have a few radios that work and I got fairly cheap just for this purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.