New to digital, question about middletown

Status
Not open for further replies.

ootransamoo

I have been out of the game too long and finally picked up a digital scanner, home patrol 2. Looks like there's allot to learn but I'm getting there, trying to listen to middletown PD/FD in riscon but rarely hear anything. Any one else listen to middletown and have chatter or is it really that quiet? Thanks

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Question. After you got your HP2, did you update it's database using Sentinel? It's likely that when it came from the factory, it has an older version of the database which doesn't have the RISCON East Bay zone in it yet. Middletown PD is definitely on the East Bay zone, and in the clear. I heard them chatting this week as a matter of fact.

ootransamoo

Thank you for the reply, I did recieve it and updated in sentinel with the new database. I didn't see anything about an easy Bay zone but maybe that's my problem, still trying to figure it out. I'll look around for Eastbay zone next time, there's allot out there just gotta find it. Thanks again

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the reply, I did recieve it and updated in sentinel with the new database. I didn't see anything about an easy Bay zone but maybe that's my problem, still trying to figure it out. I'll look around for Eastbay zone next time, there's allot out there just gotta find it. Thanks again
Not East Bay, just RISCON East. The area and the zone don't share the name

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
I apologize, I should've meant that clearer. The zone designed for the East Bay coverage, which is EAST SIMULCAST in the database.

ootransamoo

Thanks for the responses, I think I figured it out. For some reason when it's on my kitchen counter the reception signal in the upper right had no bars. Now on my couch started hearing stuff only 5 feet change of area. Hopefully that was it

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Sometimes that's all it takes! Anything can kill reception from geographic or physical blockage (such as a large appliance like a refridgerator) or something causing interference in your kitchen. Glad it worked out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.