New to Digital Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pvtqueball

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys I have a few questions like in my introduction I just bought a new scanner!
Does anyone know anything about the Uniden Bearcat BCD996XT Scanner is it a good scanner.
Is it easy to program or what do i need to do to get it up and running b/c this is my first scanner so if anyone would please leave me any information that would be great!

Rusty

kma371

QRT
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Pvtqueball said:
Hey guys I have a few questions like in my introduction I just bought a new scanner!
Does anyone know anything about the Uniden Bearcat BCD996XT Scanner is it a good scanner.
Is it easy to program or what do i need to do to get it up and running b/c this is my first scanner so if anyone would please leave me any information that would be great!

Rusty

As I said in the other forum you posted same question in...download a program called Freescan.

It's easy way to program your scanner

eaf1956

Feed Provider

Rusty

It's a GREAT scanner! I got a 996T and a 996XT, both are great scanners. Not easy to program, but like he said D/L FreeScan and it will get you started with programing via computer. Later if you want you can try PROSCAN, ARC XT or whatever but FREESCAN is FREE and it will get your foot in the door so to speak. Read the WIKI's about trunking and about the 996XT, there is lots of INFO right here on RR

KC9LVX Evansville, IN Henderson, KY feeds
ICOM 746, (2) Icom 208H, Icom V82, Icom U82, Icom V8, BCD 996T and BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.