new to forum and scanners have many questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lectricanman

hello everyone i am new at this so bear with me. my question is i just bought a radio shack pro97 it says it has no rebanding support could someone explain what that means also my local police has no freq number only talkgroup is this scanner compatible? i bought this mainly for rec purposes and to listen to local fire and ems any helpful info is greatly apreciated and look forward to using the forum thanks

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
First we have to know where you are and what system you want to monitor before we can be of help.

lectricanman

I am in southwest fl

northport to be exact I would like to listen to local fire,ems and police along with whatever else i can pick up its been 13 yrs since i had a scanner

fineshot1

lectricanman said:
northport to be exact I would like to listen to local fire,ems and police along with whatever else i can pick up its been 13 yrs since i had a scanner

Your gonna have to do better than that description. I can not locate any "Northport, FL" on the map. PLEASE TELL US WHERE YOU ARE. What county are you in? What town in that county are you in? If your town is too small it may not be on the map. What other larger towns are near you? The USA is a big place....

fineshot1

OK - Sorry - I found it. So North Port is two words. Thats why my search did not find it cause you posted it as " northport " in one word. Yes - Highpockets post is probably correct.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Information

lectricanman said:
hello everyone i am new at this so bear with me. my question is i just bought a radio shack pro97 it says it has no rebanding support could someone explain what that means
Read about rebanding here: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Rebanding

Read about your PRO-97 here: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Pro-97

also my local police has no freq number only talkgroup is this scanner compatible?
I use the PRO-97 to receive talkgroups in my area. But all radio systems are not the same.

i bought this mainly for rec purposes and to listen to local fire and ems any helpful info is greatly apreciated and look forward to using the forum thanks
You should have been reading here and learning BEFORE you bought the scanner.

Good luck.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
gmclam said:
You should have been reading here and learning BEFORE you bought the scanner.

I know this is a wee bit off-topic but...when it came to trunking, I know I definitely should have done my "homework" here first. I was lost for about a week :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.