HP-2: new to forum and scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durk

Hi all. I recently bought a Uniden Home Patrol 2 and can seem to hear everything except what I bought it for. I'm in Owasso, OK and was hoping to hear the Owasso PD and Fire but haven't heard them yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
What system are your trying to listen on OKWIN or OKWIN P25. I have no problem hearing them in BA on OKWIN.

Durk

I’m not really sure. I didn’t know I had a choice. I just put in my zip code and let the scanner do it’s
Thing. Any tips would be great. Thanks

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I was in Owasso a month back and wasn't getting any thing on the P25 system there, and not sure how the HP2 works but try to figure out what system you monitoring.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I’m not really sure. I didn’t know I had a choice. I just put in my zip code and let the scanner do it’s
Thing. Any tips would be great. Thanks
Make sure that you've installed Sentinel, and then did the database update. (Updates are issued each week.)

If you simply unboxed the scanner, turned it on & entered your location, the database on the scanner could be several years old. (Uniden does not automatically update the data every week for units coming off the assembly line.)

In Sentinel, look at the date shown in the lower left corner. That's the date of the last update for software's database. On the scanner itself, press the Menu at the bottom of the screen when scanning.
That takes you to the Main Menu.
On that screen, press Advanced Menu.
On the Advanced Menu screen, you need to press the Version Information line. You'll probably need to press the arrow at the bottom of the screen to get to the second page of the screen.
On the Version Information screen, you'll see the firmware version of the scanner, it's ESN number (electronic serial number), and it will show the Database Version currently loaded on the scanner.

The next database update should be out by mid-day tomorrow (Monday 4/29). Once you have updated Sentinel, then write the information to the scanner.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Last time I was in Oklahoma I was hearing Owasso on OKWIN, not on OKWIN P25 (they were using exclusively analog when I was there): https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=844

I was hearing them on the Owasso site from the East side of Wagoner County. Fire is on TG 41488 and Police is on TG 28688.

Durk

Wow. Database version is from 7/14/2014. Could be my problem. I’ll work on that tomorrow and see how it goes.
Thanks.

Durk

SUCCESS!! Thanks everyone! Ha, database was only 5 years old. I think I'm going to like this little radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.