New to forum, looking to buy scanner

lalum2

New to scanning looking at the Uniden SDS 100, wondering if would pick up kansas city mo and blue springs mo freqs. Mainly blue springs and suburbs of kc. I've been into scanning in the past bit it's been about 15 or 20 years.

Thanks

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Sure it can, but at the link below, ~1/3 down is Jackson county and under the MODE column if its D, its in the clear, although there is quite a few that use DE that is encrypted that no scanner can get. Still plenty there though in the clear.

The selling point of the SDS is it works perfectly in simulcast, that is multiple towers using the same frequencies, talkgroups, etc. Although from here I see five towers on different frequencies, so I'm not seeing simulcast, nor in the tower description listings for all of MO and KS. Metropolitan Area Regional Radio System (MARRS) Trunking System, Kansas City Metro Area, Multi-State
Uniden for portables at less $ and all current ones are Phase II capable, 325P2 you program it, 436HP - zip code and home patrol II - zipcode

If you do go with a zipcode one, by all means update with sentinel and a windows computer. I have seen multiple brand new scanners and all those models here this year that are anywhere from 5 to 9 years out of date!

mgolden2

New to scanning looking at the Uniden SDS 100, wondering if would pick up kansas city mo and blue springs mo freqs. Mainly blue springs and suburbs of kc. I've been into scanning in the past bit it's been about 15 or 20 years.

Thanks

Unfortunately, no matter which scanner you use, you will not hear KCMO Police as they are all encrypted. You can, however, listen to the KCMO Fire Department. Blue Springs Police is also encrypted as well as many other police agencies and a few fire departments around the area.