New to freescan

Status
Not open for further replies.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
I just started using freescan for my Uniden BCD996XT. Im a little confused with the sofware. I have been using ARC with my Pro-106 in the past. What are systems, sites, and groups? I'm confused since it makes me put in trunked frequency list in the group rather than the system, where on my Pro-106, the system is where the trunked frequencies are. Can someone explain this better?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I just started using freescan for my Uniden BCD996XT. Im a little confused with the sofware. I have been using ARC with my Pro-106 in the past. What are systems, sites, and groups? I'm confused since it makes me put in trunked frequency list in the group rather than the system, where on my Pro-106, the system is where the trunked frequencies are. Can someone explain this better?

Uniden uses Dynamic Memory Architecture (DMA), instead of the PRO106's Object Oriented Memory Management.

check here:

Uniden DMA FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
So im setting up the MARCS trunked site to a quick key, so when i press that key, will it enable all channels on that trunked system, even if i have the talkgroups set to a different quick key?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It's not just a different quick key - it's at a different logical level. Since all XT scanners trunk by sites, you would assign a System Quick Key per site, and a Group Quick Key for each group of talkgroups you define. Thus you could, for example, have 1 System Quick Key for a site, but 5 Group Quick Keys if you have 5 groups of talkgroups defined.

There is an article in the user guide that goes into the various levels and how they are used...(links are always blue)

Freescan and Quick Key Processing - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
Question about programing SAME codes on the Uniden Bearcat. Does it support Event codes. Do i put that in one of the slots for FIPS just like i did the same code?

Status
Not open for further replies.