new to gre psr 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillbillygal

Hello all!!! I'm a newbie to posting so please be gentle. I jus recently purchased a gre psr 500 and wpuld like to know if I can transfer all my frequencys from my rs pro 95 or pro 96 to my gre psr 500? Thanks!

puzzleriddle

Yes, use the import from other scanner from the top and choose the file you want to import. you will need the programing cable also. Do not use the pigtail part of the cable. Also make sure you have the latest drivers for the cable. Go here for those Virtual COM Port Drivers

Nasby

You will also need programming software if you don't already have it.

They all have a free 30 day trail.

You can check the WIKI for links to the various programming software.

hillbillygal

@puzzleriddle I have a 3ft audio cable from Radio Shack part #42-540 that I've used to transfer data from my rs pro 97(miss spoke earlier) and my rs pro 95 both analog and used the pc/if port on the scanners to transfer frequencys. I wasn't sure I could do that with the gre psr 500 it being digital and others being analog and as I'm waiting on my grecom scanner to come in the mail I didn't know if it even had the same pc/if port on it as the radio shack scanners? Thanks!

Nasby

You cannot clone the info from the Pro-95 or Pro-97 to your PSR-500.

Best bet is to get the programming software and a subscription to Radioreference.

Then you do a direct download from the database for your area.

Or perhaps you can find someone local to help you with programming your scanner.

You could post a help request in the Virginia Forums located further down the page.

TES

You cannot clone the info from the Pro-95 or Pro-97 to your PSR-500. . . .

Win500 WILL import both .p97 files created by Win97 as well as .p96 files created by Win96. Also, it's possible to convert Pro-95 files (created with Win95) to .p96 files using Don Starr's free WinXX Data Converter, available at his website, http://www.starrsoft.com/, no database required.

I guess it all depends on how one defines clone :confused:

Nasby

I guess it all depends on how one defines clone :confused:[/QUOTE]

Well the cable she has IS a cloning cable (not a programming cable) which certainly won't work if she tries plugging it into a PRO-97 then a PRO-106.

That would be my definition of cloning.

Programming is another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.