• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tytera New to HAM, some SDR experience. I just got my 1st handheld, a TYT MD UV-380. I need some help getting started 🆘

Status
Not open for further replies.

L3altimore

win 10's device manager show's the radio as unknown, radio in usb mode. No driver info available & CPS doesn't see the radio either through the usb connection when I tried to read the radio info as one tutorial instructed. I need to know where to start. Is there a specific driver I need to install? Any help would be appreciated!

Also I'm not licensed yet, I wasn't looking to transmit just yet, just wanted to connect to local Maryland repeaters to listen.

Thanks 👍

L3altimore

Thanks. Just wanted as much help as I could get. I'll try the link and get back to you in a few!

L3altimore

I see you also asked this question in Reddit, but here goes.

You *must* load the drivers in order to have the PC talk to the radio. The drivers may be in a subdirectory of the program disc, perhaps a ZIP file. My vendor supplied the drivers on a mini-disc.

Perhaps this webpage W2XQ.com : Amateur Radio: DMR : TYT MD-UV380 may help.

So I searched Windows Update with the radio connected and found the driver. I'll see where I get & let you know!
Edit: Now showing as STM Device in DFU mode in Device Manager and I was able to read the radio in CPS! Thanks again for your help.

L3altimore

Thanks 👍 I haven't gone past doing the initial radio read, and saving that file. I'll do a little more in a few, and actually try to get this thing programmed so I can hear something.

L3altimore

Glad it helped. You aren't the only person to run afoul of a lack of information. I see the question quite often. Unfortunately the TYT manual writers give the subject short shrift. But do know the MD-UV380 is a bulletproof radio. Good luck.
So I did end up playing around with the settings in CPS and I see that after flashing changes to the radio it updated the CP version number to 1.07, and now on the radio it displays an option to program the radio under radio settings. I'll have more time later, but the only frequency I've programmed thus far is Noaa. That works loud and clear

L3altimore

Glad it helped. You aren't the only person to run afoul of a lack of information. I see the question quite often. Unfortunately the TYT manual writers give the subject short shrift. But do know the MD-UV380 is a bulletproof radio. Good luck.
I'd like to get codeplugs for Maryland. Any advice?

thompsond

Another newbie needs help. I thought I downloaded the MD-UV380 factory settings (.rdt file) but have lost it. Does anyone have the rdt file that would come from a new radio?

Another request, does anyone have an rdt file for Phoenix area DMR repeaters?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.