new to here

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormchsr101

hi. im new here. i read the rules and all. i see a lot of neet stuff on here.
i was also reading that no questions are allowed. im looking for an old piece of test equipment but if no questions are allowed, am i out of luck on here? thanks, dave.

scannerboy01

"5. Posting message with a subject of "Question" or "Hello" doesn't give a good description to folks who are passing through what the thread is about. Always post a descriptive subject, such as "Frequencies for Dare County Fire Department?"." - Radio Reference Forums Rules

That doesn't mean that you can't ask questions, but to give a good description on what your question is about so that people know what your question is and might be able provide you an answer. The New User/ Getting Started forum is the place to ask questions and get help from more experienced users. If you have any further questions, just ask and someone will probably be able to answer it.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Of course you can ask questions here,and not just on this part of the fourm either.

By the way welcome to Radio Reference.

stormchsr101

old gear

ok, now that im set to go on here, i was wondering if anyone remembers an old piece of test gear?
not that im looking to buy it but back in the mid and late 60s when i was just getting the bug for radio, i remember going into a cb radio shop and got to know the guy who owned the place. this sparked an interest in radios in me. i wanted to start fixing ham and cb rigs. i have a lot of gear to this day but i remember a large signal generator which he told me cost back then, about 4500 bucks. it appeared to be about a foot wide, just over a foot high and maybe 20 inches deep. had a nixie tube readout more towards the bottom and 2 deviation meters on either side of the top. looked like a black face to me as i recall. seemed that the freq. was controlled by switches that had a stepped click rather than continuous tuning such as a logimetrics 925. does this ring a bell at all in anyones mind? please let me know. its a piece of trivia that im trying to place. thanks all, dave.

stormchsr101

thanks

i was glad to see this. i love asking lots of seemingly dumb questions. i must have read wrong. thanks for setting me straight. 73, dave

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
ok, now that im set to go on here, i was wondering if anyone remembers an old piece of test gear?
not that im looking to buy it but back in the mid and late 60s when i was just getting the bug for radio, i remember going into a cb radio shop and got to know the guy who owned the place. this sparked an interest in radios in me. i wanted to start fixing ham and cb rigs. i have a lot of gear to this day but i remember a large signal generator which he told me cost back then, about 4500 bucks. it appeared to be about a foot wide, just over a foot high and maybe 20 inches deep. had a nixie tube readout more towards the bottom and 2 deviation meters on either side of the top. looked like a black face to me as i recall. seemed that the freq. was controlled by switches that had a stepped click rather than continuous tuning such as a logimetrics 925. does this ring a bell at all in anyones mind? please let me know. its a piece of trivia that im trying to place. thanks all, dave.

If it was a piece of ham radio equip you could try asking in the ham radio section of this fourm.

KI4VBR

Premium Subscriber
Service Monitor??

Sounds like an old school service monitor from the description. Love them Nixie's.

Status
Not open for further replies.