New To Marcs Radio Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huston

I need some help. I am new to programming these radios. The fellow who did it for the county passed away, and there was no one to fill his shoes. I am hoping to at least be helpful for them. I need to program three channels into a radioshack unit. I am using win500 to program with. I have the Alpha Tag. I am thinking this is the name. I also have some hc numbers. How do I program these units for these three channels? What other information do I need to know? Where would I get information such as radio ID? I am a total beginner, and any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Shawn

kyguy

Welcome to RR.

Need more info in order to help you: what model scanner(s) do you have, what is your location (county)?

Not all radios can monitor MARCS. (See the wiki above for which radios will).

Be Safe...Be Happy!!!

Huston

thanks for the welcome

This is a radioshack pro-197. It is a scanner and not a radio I guess.. I am in Gallia County Ohio, and all the state gave me were Hex Codes, and channel names. I have three channel names and three hex different hex codes. One for each channel. I read the wiki on the program yesterday, and either I don't understand it or it doesn't give me what I need. Probably the latter.... Are channel ids specific? Do I have to input them the same way they are given to me? I just can't figure it out, and could really use some help....

RadioTech19

Welcome! I live in Meigs County and monitor the MARCS system. I was in your shoes a few months ago. I learned alot on here! First you will need your control channel frequencies. You can find these in the database. They might already be programmed into the radio. Can you advise where you are at in terms of programming? :)

Huston

I have a scanner that has been programmed with some scan lists and talk groups. I need to add these talk groups to an existing scan list on the radio. Hopefully that is the right terminology or close enough for someone to understand, All the other scan list and channels have been set up by someone else. I can add the talk groups into the scan list. I am working under TSYS Objects in win500. The scan lists are at the top. I create a new talk group at the bottom, and on the right I assign it to a scan list. I guess I need to know how to figure out Group IDS when all I have is the hex code. It is motorola based too. I guess I should mention that. How do you convert hex code, and what else do I need to do to make these talk groups function?

Thanks again

Huston

I have found the conversion for hex code. It is convert hex code to binary x 16.... Also multi site mode must be changed. Is there anything else I need to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.