New (to me) TG's in SW MN

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
Heard in Rock Rapids, IA (5 miles south of the state line, near Luverne)

28574 -- sounded like Marshall MnSP talking to all counties in area (I remember hearing YM, Jackson, Nobles, Pipestone, Rock, Lyon, Lincoln -- there were probably more)

Guessing this is a SW Interop TG. Interop 1?

20126 -- sounded like Mankato MnSP talking to a MnDOT unit about debris on the roadway . . .

I would post this to the database, but they're unconfirmed . . .

Happy Hunting!
Scott V

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
The best location for unconfirmed data is in the wiki. please feel free to add any data you want. If you have never edited wiki before, it is petty easy, other wise there are others including myself who will add in data for you.

Although I can't pull up the exact link on my phone, go to the main ARMER wiki page and the unidentified talkgroups article link is near the top.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
OK, so I'm looking at the page here, and I think I can figure out how to add my TG's -- I'm looking at the wiki for the state of MN zone 2.

Now my question is -- are these TG's of Zone 2 agencies -- or TG's that were HEARD in Zone 2? I know one of my TG's is probably both, but the other one may be a "roaming" TG . . .

Thoughts?

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
I have to admit that the way that I set it up is kinda confusing. They should be state of Minnesota zone 2 talkgroups and I think state of Minnesota zone 3 talkgroups...the 28xxx one is zone 3

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
The ARMER Zones and SP areas and DOT areas don't all match up... I put those 2 groups in the regular database....

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
OK, thanks fellas. Much appreciated.

But back to the question on the wiki -- if I hear a TG on a SW MN tower, but it's a group that I expect is there roaming and not on their home tower, logic would say I should put on a list that has TG's near to their home rather than the SW MN list, right?

B

bigalan

radioboy75

Kanaranzi is up for state patrol and the tower at Hardwick looks like it might be.on. the tower is up and building, feedlines and antennas are all there. That is all I know about Rock Co.

blue5011

Which tower and what are they saying ?
Oops, Truman, in north-central Martin County. Didn't listen, just saw the "hits" on the Freescan log. Martin County is not on ARMER yet. Maybe TG from Brown, Cottonwood, or Watonwan County. I have from time to time got hits from Marshall SP Disp (28XXX) also from the Truman tower.

Oops, Truman, in north-central Martin County. Didn't listen, just saw the "hits" on the Freescan log. Martin County is not on ARMER yet. Maybe TG from Brown, Cottonwood, or Watonwan County. I have from time to time got hits from Marshall SP Disp (28XXX) also from the Truman tower.

Speaking without being 100% positive...I would guess Watonwan County. They are in the training phase and have a console that is live on the system. But, they have NOT yet migrated onto ARMER for everyday use.

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
I caught that talkgroup on 1-001 City Center the other day (which is not an uncommon thing for odd talkgroups to appear on while they are in their testing phase). The only radio i logged on the talkgroup was 740090 which definitely makes it a southwest user, but it is the only radio in that block that I have logged, so I cannot make a specific county guess.

fireman-one

Tg 30705

Greetings,

The new Talk Group is Cottonwood County Law. Cottonwood Sheriff, Windom PD, Mt Lake PD, Westbrook PD. They just came online the ARMER System in the last 2 weeks.

I just got a PSR-600 and will submit new ID's when I figure out what is what.

blue5011

Greetings,

The new Talk Group is Cottonwood County Law. Cottonwood Sheriff, Windom PD, Mt Lake PD, Westbrook PD. They just came online the ARMER System in the last 2 weeks.

I just got a PSR-600 and will submit new ID's when I figure out what is what.

Radio ID's logged on TG 30705 (4-21-2012) were 740028, 740047, 740059, and 740069. All from Truman (Martin County) tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.