New to Pearland area...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
Well, the wife and I have just moved to the Pearland area. I went from small town to the "Big City". Of course, the week prior to moving, I downloaded many of the Pearland/Brazoria County area frequencies so I would have them when we got here.
I just wanted to say hi to anyone in the area and to ask if there are any frequencies that are more active or more interesting than others? So far today, I even heard some DEA activity in the area. I'm sure my listening experience will be much more productive than in Nacogdoches (where I use to live).

NOTE: The only draw back is that I bought a Pro96 last year because Nac went digital. But down here, there seems to be little to no digital activity, so I guess I over spent. I will be patient, though, since digital seems to catching on and will be here in no time!

bpckty1

So far, the only digital in use in the Greater Houston area is federal. There has been some digital testing with Starnet, and, at least prior to Galveston County's being assimilated, there were some digital comms on some conventional frequencies. Since I live nowhere near enough to Galveston County, I cannot answer if the digital frequencies are still active.

But, there is some digital near you, and it is presumed to be NASA, Johnson Space Center.
But, they are encrypted.

;^p

Who knows, though. You might get lucky one day if they lose the encryption temporarily, and you can help ID some of the talkgroups...

Happy Scanning

bpckty1

If you haven't found them yet, here are a few links that may be helpful:

JSC:
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=3997

The old Galveston TRS. When Galveston was assimilated,
some of the talkgroups were changed and are no longer valid:
http://home.houston.rr.com/freqzone/freqs/galveston.html

The most accurate list for Galveston is the one on the database, and follow the link to Starnet for Galveston talkgroups:
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=2606

And, just in case, Brazoria County:
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=2542

Happy Scanning

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Guys! I'm good to go. Any obscure or odd-ball freqs, that are not listed in the RR Database, that may be interesting to listen to (including Harris, Galveston, Fort Bend & Brazoria Counties)?

SeniorBasic819

Premium Subscriber
Tim-in-TX said:
Thanks Guys! I'm good to go. Any obscure or odd-ball freqs, that are not listed in the RR Database, that may be interesting to listen to (including Harris, Galveston, Fort Bend & Brazoria Counties)?

Welcome to the area. I live in Pearland also. If you have any questions about anything in the area let me know.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Tim-in-TX said:
46.14 is used for some of the smaller Brazoria County fire departments. County Road 143 in your area definitely uses it.

Most of the "unknown" in Brazoria County is to the south. The north end of the county is about 100% documented as far as public safety goes.

SeniorBasic819

Premium Subscriber
I forgot to mention, I work in Law Enforcement in the Pearland area. If you have any questions about unit numbers or anything like that, let me know. The SO dispatches for several departments and there are lots of different numbers floating around.

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
SeniorBasic819 said:
Welcome to the area. I live in Pearland also. If you have any questions about anything in the area let me know.
Thanks for the offer. I am getting to know "New" Pearland pretty well, but still don't know that much about "Old" Pearland (the wife and I moved into St. Andrews Apts...know 'em?). Are there any bike (bicycle) trails anywhere nearby?

SeniorBasic819 said:
I forgot to mention, I work in Law Enforcement in the Pearland area. If you have any questions about unit numbers or anything like that, let me know. The SO dispatches for several departments and there are lots of different numbers floating around..
Thanks, but I'm just doing some passive listening right now. I've got a lot on my plate, so to speak, so I haven't had a lot of time to listen...and even when I do, I have Houston channels going too.
You say that you work in LE, what Dept. & position? I was considering taking the Pearland Citizens Police Academy class the next time it is offered. Anything I need to know? I took CPA class in my home town in '97 or '98.

tneff

Welcome to the area Tim , I live on the SW side just outside Houston. Lots of good stuff to pick up around here , My wife is a Ft Bend County Deputy so I monitor what goes around here pretty much. Have one dedicated HPD/HFD scanner , there is a major DEA attendance in the area this week. Lots of crackdowns and such going on. Listened to 6 different bust over the weekend involving them , reckon we'll have to have a little get together for the H-town folks at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.