New to Pro 106 and scanning in general need a little help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlouki01

I picked up a Pro 106 scanner from Radio shack today. The local Radio club helps manage a program that each RS has so they can clone your radio to contain all the local info.

I just don't seem to understand how to manually pick a freq to listen to. I choose man type in freq and it says paused with no sound.

I picked up a Pro 106 scanner from Radio shack today. The local Radio club helps manage a program that each RS has so they can clone your radio to contain all the local info.

I just don't seem to understand how to manually pick a freq to listen to. I choose man type in freq and it says paused with no sound.

Your county is on the BRICS system now. It is all digital now and I see some encrytped things also that you won't be able to hear but plenty of other stuff thats not encrypted. So basically you have to set your scanner to P25 auto, put in the control channels, and program in the talkgroups you want to hear.

Butler Regional Interoperable Communications System (BRICS) Trunking System, Hamilton, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

VE3JSO

if a freq that u want to listen to is pgm in and know the object number all you have to do is hit man enter object number the sel
example man 113 sel and that's it

heidorn39

Any chance you would be willing to share your file? I am having issues with my settings for the Butler County Brics setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.