New to radios. Want to listen in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

K239

Howdy folks.

My county is listed here. https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2227
What I would really like to do is purchase a used minitor v that would work on our county's public safety system, but I don't know if that'll work.

I really want to be able to listen in on our key channels (Dispatch 1, 2 & 3, as well as a handful of our Tac channels) but even just dispatch on a Minitor would be fine.

What's the best solution to being able to listen in on these frequencies, without dropping my entire wallet at the store, or online?

Once again, I'm new to radios in general, and have little knowledge with programming unless its basically step-by-step.

N8IAA

Howdy folks.

My county is listed here. https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2227
What I would really like to do is purchase a used minitor v that would work on our county's public safety system, but I don't know if that'll work.

I really want to be able to listen in on our key channels (Dispatch 1, 2 & 3, as well as a handful of our Tac channels) but even just dispatch on a Minitor would be fine.

What's the best solution to being able to listen in on these frequencies, without dropping my entire wallet at the store, or online?

Once again, I'm new to radios in general, and have little knowledge with programming unless its basically step-by-step.

As far as I know, a minitor will only work on analog frequencies. The link you have posted is an analog trunk system. It is not compatible.
It appears that Lee county is transitioning to a P-25, Phase I system. All scanners that can receive digital P-25 systems, can receive analog and digital trunk systems. But not the other way around.
My suggestion is that you post in the FL state forum for more knowledgeable answers as to the changes in your county.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.