HP-1: New to Scanners and feeling stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jormerod

I have just received my HP-1 and I am trying to create a favorite list of all the channels for the 2 meter amateur band. When I look at the Nationwide frequencies for Amateur Radio using Sentinel the database only lists about a dozen......not the whole 2 meter band. I have googled and looked at youtube videos but I'm stumped.

Appreciate any help members can offer.

Thanks in advance.

John

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The whole 2 meter band is not considered as nationwide channels.

Nationwide channels are specific channels set aside for specific uses across the nation such as 146.520MHz, the national 2m simplex calling channel.

I would suggest using your favourite spreadsheet to generate a list of frequencies from 144-148MHz (5KHz step?) and then copy and pasting that into a Sentinel Favourites list.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Or better, do some homework on active 2 meter freqs in your area. Start with our database (if we have anything there for your area), our wiki then look up your local coordinating committee. Sometimes their frequency lists are online.

It's hard to give better advice when we don't know where you are. State and county will do fine.

Mike

jormerod

Thanks Mike and Mike for the quick replies. I will try the spreadsheet method. Do I need to enter more than the frequencies in the Sentinel favorite list? I'm located in Wisconsin, Waukesha County.

John

phask

Premium Subscriber
I don't have it handy - but somewhere - I found a pre-made a favorite list with this - and other "stuff".

EZ to take a text file like the link above and copy & paste to a FL.

I know it's somewhere as I have 2 meter, 220 and UHF .

jormerod

Thank you to everyone for their help....I am a member of several other (non-related) forums and must say this forum is by far the most responsive and helpful to beginners.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.