new to scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

crebamnnii

Looking to get a police/fire/emerngey scanner and am not knowledgeable about them . Have looked around the net and at Radio Shack, I live in the Buffalo New York Area my zip is 14001. I would like to get all the Police departments, EMS, Fire, Airport, etc.

Which of these scanners would be the best, and do I need Digital?

Thanks,

RF-Burns

You do not need a digital scanner. Erie is all Analog. I am sure in the future they will be going digital but not soon seeing how the county is very poor.

I would recommend going with Uniden not GRE. I would stay away from Radio Shack there scanners are very high priced unless you find something on sale.

Dan

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
Using the Bearcat 15x

I think the 15x is overkill for what you really need. Really takes alot of scanner knowledge to program. I would stick to the Bearcat 8. 8's a good fit for Erie county. I have both a 15x and and 8. I use the 15x as a base unit and the 8 as a mobile. 8 picks up basically ALL frequencies in Erie county. Yes, there are a few that it doesn't but for a new user it'll do what you want and need. Good luck...Hope this helps you....

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
if you need trunking then my suggestion would be a 100-200 channel scanner like the pro97/.Keep it simple at the start and start saving for the higher end scanners like the 106 or gre line of scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.